iOS 4.0 How to close an app without it going to the multi task bar

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Swiss3g, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Swiss3g

Swiss3g Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    In the previous firmware, pressing the home button closed a app completely. In iOS 4 doing this just sends it to the multi task bar and to close it completly you have to double click the home button to bring up multitask, swipe to the app, hold down the icon until the minus sign comes up then finally close it. I don't know about you but I personally find this process long especially if you dont want to multi task the app in the first place. Is their somthing am missing or do we have to live with this till the next upgrade????....

Please Register or Log in to view images

PLEASE HELP...
  2. Johannes Deegen

Johannes Deegen Community Development

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Nope. I haven't found a way yet and I've used iOS4 since April. (beta 1) Its quite a nuisance if you ask me.
  3. Swiss3g

Swiss3g Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    That sucks considering how easy it would have been to implement this. Am surprised more people have not mentioned this problem. Ive only just upgraded to 4.0 and its already getting on my nerves.
  4. fred2028

fred2028 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I mentioned it in the JB forum I think. Anyways I would've thought single click Home to close, double click Home to multitask would be nice. I re-JBed my iPhone and disabled multitasking just for this, since continuously running stuff in the background on 128 MB RAM slows me down quickly.
  5. Swiss3g

Swiss3g Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Do apps really 'run in the background' because Iv heard, they actually dont they just pause without using up any RAM??....
  6. MoJojojo

MoJojojo Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It's really annoying for me as well. I don't know if it's supposed to be like that or what...
  7. Swiss3g

Swiss3g Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Hate to say this but turns out thats how it is. Kinda bums out all the iOS 4 gloss huh..
  8. fred2028

fred2028 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    1. They don't pause. Pandora plays in the background, TomTom guides you in the background, if they merely "paused", this wouldn't work.
    2. Even if they paused, RAM would still be used. 3G has 25-40 MB free when idle, so all the RAM is precious
    3. Try running SMS, Phone, Calendar, Settings, and Safari on 3G simultaneously. SLOW!
  9. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

The iPod touch 3G has a maximum of 256 of free RAM, and about 160 - MB of RAM is what you get to use. Also, apps have to be updated to use the multitasking feature, and Pandora playing music in the background doesn't take up a lot of RAM.
  10. DiabolicalCactus

DiabolicalCactus New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Some apps that are shown in the multitaskbar are simply recent apps (but are actually not running) - BigBoss is working on a tweak that hides them, you can get it from the beta repo or wait till it's released.