How to change the Keypad that the Lockdown.app Uses???

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Bigbenntc, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Bigbenntc

Bigbenntc New Member

Alright so heres where I am stuck... I am creating a theme to be used on an iphone and itouch... I am trying to figure out a way to change the Lockdown 4.0 apps keypad that pops up when you try to run a locked app.... I have managed to change the keypad that is in the Springboard.app which shows up on the main Lock Screen where is displays "Slide to unlock"

But I can't seem to find where the Lockdown 4.0 app stores the kepad images for me to change....

Does anybody know where they are? How I can change the keypad to my modded ones.... Anything would help because I have tried everything I could think of... Thanks
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Also... Let me explain what I have tried...

I looked in the Lockdown.app folder to see if the images were stored there.... and they arent...

I went through the springboard.app and found the DeviceLockKeypad.png and DeviceLockKeypadPressed.png and replaced them both (Without using winterboard) with my modded ones, uninstalled the Lockdown 4.0 app... deleted all the files I could find that were related to the lockdown app and restarted the device... to then reinstall it to see if it would use my modded keypads I placed in the Springboard.app... but nope it still displayed what looks like the default keypads which I deleted from the device alltogether...

I just cant find those images anywhere...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    TheOnlyest figured it out ... So thank you TheOnlyest!!

Lockdown calls up the keyboard from files in the other.artwork file. That file cannot be altered... So, here's what you need to do...

If you dont already have a /Folders/UIImages/ directory in your theme, add one.
    OR make a specific theme like this:
    [theme name]/Folders/UIImages/
    and SSH it into your /private/var/stash/Themes.xxxxx folder.

take your UNPRESSED keyboard image and rename it to: kb-std-number-pad-transparent.png

take your PRESSED keyboard image and rename it to: kb-std-number-pad-transparent-active.png

put those 2 files in your UIImages folder and respring... done.

Now ALL apps that call up that keypad will use your custom images.
  2. paolozz92

paolozz92 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Hi there, I knw this post is very old, but does this still work?

I tried changing the "kb-std-number-pad-transparent-active.png" and "kb-std-number-pad-transparent" by adding a new image to the UIImages of the theme folder, but it still doesnt work,

I'm using an iPhone 5 btw