How To Change The Default Loading Image In Status Bar!!

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Fishin' Guru, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Fishin' Guru

Fishin' Guru New Member

OK I was getting tired of the ugly loading image that appears in the status bar when loading safari pages. So I decided to create my own loading image to replace it. It somewhat resembles the vista aero loading image, such as the one in VistaMaximus, sort of like a blue swirling ring of amazingness, yet with my own touch to it. This my first mod and i plan to work on it even more to smoothit out a bit. You can see it at the bottom of this post (it looks much better in motion!)

(Only works for 1.1.1 and 1.1.2!)

BEFORE I START MAKE SURE YOU COPY YOUR OTHER.ARTWORK FILE TO SOME PLACE ELSE IN CASE SOMETHING GOES HORRIBLY WRONG (lol)

First, u have to be able to access the other.artwork pngs, which is described here:
    (courtesy of romeboards LINK)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1: Heres what you need:

-Windows
    -Jailbroken iPod on 1.1.1 (1.1.2 works too, im 99% sure)
    -iPhoneShop-0.6.jar (can be downloaded HERE)
    -Some time on your hands

Step 2:

- Make a folder on your desktop or wherever called artwork. In this folder, create another one called pngs. ALSO, place your iPhoneShop-0.6.jar file in the artwork folder, not the pngs.

Step 3: FTP (SSH) into your ipod, and go to this directory: /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/. From here, find and copy the file called Other.artwork directly into your artwork folder.

Also, Copy the Other.artwork file again someplace else on your PC, as a backup

Step 4:
    Now heres where it starts to get tricky. Go to Start>Run>cmd [on Vista go to Start and type cmd in the search box] to open the command line. now you must navigate to the artwork file. To do this type this into the command prompt:

Quote:
    cd (the listing for your artwork file here)
    so, for example, i would type cd C:\Documents and Settings\John Smith\My Documents\iPod Touch\artwork cause thats where my artwork folder is. to find this directory, just look at the address bar in explorer. Hit enter in Command Prompt when you finish, and the directory listing should change.

Now first make sure you have the other.artwork file, the iPhoneShop.jar file, and the empty pngs folder all in the artwork folder before you continue. Also, make sure the Command Prompt is pointing at where your artwork folder is located.

Step 5:
    if everythings where it should be, now copy and paste this line into your command prompt:

Quote:
    java -jar iPhoneShop-0.6.jar ARTWORK Other.artwork export pngs
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once you've done all that open the pngs folder but leave the command prompt open. Drag the images in the zip folder I put at the bottom of this post into the folder and replace the default ones (only the loading pngs will be changed).

Finally, copy this command into the prompt:
    java -jar iPhoneShop-0.6.jar ARTWORK Other.artwork import pngs

BOOM your done and your new other.artwork file should appear in the pngs folder. Just SSH into /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/and drag it in there and change the permission to 755.
    Reboot and go!

HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE!!

Attached Files:

2. scorpion 55

scorpion 55 Banned

wow great totorial!
  3. Fishin' Guru

Fishin' Guru New Member

[PREVIEW] I'm working on hourglass loading images like the older Windows had. I just have to get the hourglass to flip around to imitate the actual thing.

Attached Files:

4. der_koarl

der_koarl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    nice one...but the hourglass would look better in colour...