how to change the autofetch interval to less than 15 minutes

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by poombster, Aug 9, 2008.

1. poombster

poombster New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you want to manually change the autofetch interval to less than 15 minutes you can do so by SSHing and going to var/mobile/Library/Preferences and then editing the com.apple.persistentconnection.plist . You will find an integer here that is in seconds so the integer you put it in will be in seconds not minutes, keep that in mind. then just go ahead and replace the plist with the edited one
  2. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Cool find!
  3. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    amazing!!!!!!
  4. goldenboy

goldenboy New Member

how do you edit it? im not finding any numbers. this is all i see
    Code:
    bplist00Ô\PCEnablePush_"PCAutoFetch-PushCapableMailAccount_PCAutoFetch-NonPushMailAccount_PCDefaultPollInterval	„Cd|}~             	               ‚
  5. poombster

poombster New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Sorry I should've specified how to edit. Take the plist and go to this website http://140.124.181.188/~khchung/cgi-bin/plutil.cgi . then browse to where you have the plist and convert the file using the website. save that file to your computer then edit that and you can actually just drop that file onto the ipod.
  6. goldenboy

goldenboy New Member

ahh sweet thanks!
  7. poombster

poombster New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yea it's helpful. i use insomnia anyways so when i did this i didn't notice much drop in my battery life. i went down to 3 minutes. i still have about 13-14 hours battery life if i leave it off a charger for extended periods of time. not great but it's fine for me. i can always turn off insomnia if i have to anyways. insomnia, by the way, keeps the wifi active all the time even when teh touch has been on autolock for a while. it's in cydia