how to change my passcode lock on my ipod touch

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Am3r1ca16, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Am3r1ca16

Am3r1ca16 New Member

ok so my friend showed me that throu SSH you can change the passcode lock of my ipod touch(not my password for SSH)...He didn't want to show me how to change it but i wanna know just incase if i ever forget my lock number...so does anyone know how to change the passcode throu SSH?thanks
  2. iMicky

iMicky New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You can just change it from the device itself, under Settings > General > Passcode Lock.
    If you already know what your friend changed it to, just type that in and you can easily change it.
  3. Am3r1ca16

Am3r1ca16 New Member

oh wow not that im smarter than that smh..i mean let say i forgot my passcode number?that means i can log into my device then what do i do?cuz my friend didn't know my lock number so he changed it throu SSH and loged into my ipod touch..although he was just showing me(i didn't forget my lock he was just showing me that he could change it throu SSH)
  4. link07

link07 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    point of thread then??
  5. Am3r1ca16

Am3r1ca16 New Member

u people don't get it....theres a way to change the passcode lock throu SSH....ok lets say you forget your passcode lock?that means you can get on your ipod right?so what are you gonna do?restore your ipod when theres a way to change your passcode lock throu SSH...or let say you found a ipod touch with passcode lock...and you want to get into the ipod without restoring...i know that theres a way i just dont know how to do it and it requieres to go into SSH...So my question is how to change the passcode lock if you forgot it....explanitory enough?
  6. i.think.different

i.think.different Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Maybe you could call Apple and ask them how to do this when you FIND an iPod
  7. Am3r1ca16

Am3r1ca16 New Member

i didn't find a ipod btw i was using it as a example since nobody understood me
  8. i.think.different

i.think.different Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I think there are a lot of how do I remove a passcode from a stolen ipod threads if you look. Of course they may have been deleted.
  9. chickenmatt5

chickenmatt5 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I don't think YOU understand: if you use OpenSSH, it turns on automatically when you restart your iPod, which does NOT need a passcode.
  10. PWNinator275

PWNinator275 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Why don't you just ask your "friend" what he changed it to?