How to Change Carrier TexT Font and Color?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iPod Touch™, Feb 14, 2009.

1. iPod Touch™

iPod Touch™ Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So I used MIM (Make it mine) to change the carrier logo to say HaX but I have seen people have their Carrirer logo text have a cursive font and for example a blue color. How do you do that?
  2. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

This can be done either by creating your own custom carrier image.

It can also be done by using WinterBoard with an Info.plist with a key OperatorNameStyle.
  3. iPod Touch™

iPod Touch™ Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Can someone teach me how to do it with winterboard I know how to SSH So it sounds easy

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    There's two ways; with WinterBoard and I believe you can edit the files inside SpringBoard. I think it's FSO_Carrier_iPod.png and Default_Carrier_iPod.png.

Edited to correct, thanks jlocalled.
  5. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

^^ Incorrect, it is FSO_CARRIER_IPOD.png, and Default_CARRIER_IPOD.png.

Make Two Images with the Above Names. Have them at 20px high. FSO_CARRIER_IPOD.png is the one you would like to have when the Status Bar is transparent, and when the rest of the Text is White.
    Default_CARRIER_IPOD.png is the one you would like to have when the Status Bar is not transparent, and when the rest of the Text is Black.

Create a New Theme. In the Theme Folder, create a "Bundles" Folder. Inside, create a "com.apple.springboard" Folder. Place your carrier images inside. There is another way, and that is to instead of creating a "Bundles" Folder, create a "Folders" Folder, and inside create a "SpringBoard.app" Folder. Either way should work.

Here's an important thing. You CANNOT have changed the text using MiM. It must say iPod.

There is a guide with more information on how to use WinterBoard to theme common elements of SpringBoard. http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102569