How To Change Battery Icons

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by i2ehan, Dec 25, 2007.

1. i2ehan

i2ehan New Member

I've spent too much time looking for an easy-to-follow how to for changing your battery icon, so I hope this helps those who have repeatedly experienced problems/difficulty:

1. Assuming you have already downloaded the battery icon file you wish to use, login to your iPod/iPhone via WinSCP (or any other FTP client for that matter).

2. Navigate to /private/var/root/Library/Customize/BatteryImages/ and copy your downloaded battery icon folder containing all the png image files.

3. Once copied, check to make sure all the png files are labeled as filename-#, where "filename" is obviously just that (your downloaded battery icon sets name), followed by a "-" and NOT "_", and then a number. The number(s), by default, should be named in the appropriate sequence, beginning with the image indicating no charge, and ending with the image indicating full charge.

4. If for whatever reason your file names are not labeled as indicated in step 3, simply rename them using the filename-# format.

5. Finally, rename the very last file (the image indicating full charge) to just the filename. In other words, remove the "-#" so that you are only left with the filename.

6. Run the "Customize" app on your iPod/iPhone, and select the new image found under your battery icons list.

7. Plug your iPod/iPhone in to charge, and you should see your new battery image icon!

Enjoy!

Please Register or Log in to view images

P.S. I;d like to thank Fatfrank for posting the following under the battery icons thread, which lead me to my solution!

2. sean22

sean22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You fogot to mention that there can only be 16 different pictutures, which filename-16.png is the same as filename.png
  3. i2ehan

i2ehan New Member

sean22, though it may appear that way, I've seldom chosen two battery icons (fully tested and working), Emusmoke & Vista Ultimate to be exact, both containing 17 png image files in addition to the no number filename.

The number of pictures is only significant to the extent to which the battery level is shown. For example, in the "Charger" battery indicator, the battery level jumps from 88% to 94% in the next image. With the addition of more image files, there would be less of a skip between percent.

4. sean22

sean22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok cool i dint know you couls do it that way thanx
  5. screwy

screwy New Member

cheers mate. This was really helpful

6. mattisen

mattisen New Member

where can i get battery pics?
  7. termitis

termitis New Member

in my library folder there is no costumize?any ideas?