How to add attachment to email reply?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Godofbeer, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Godofbeer

Godofbeer New Member

First, I realize that the option to add an attachment to an email reply is not officially supported, but I'm hoping there's clever way to do it.

I've found a bunch of ways to send attachments if I'm creating a new message, it's just the reply option where I'm missing the functionality.

Does anyone know of a work around? My device is jailbroken, so I'm open to mods/hacks or crazy ideas.

Thanks,

W.
  2. jse1988

jse1988 Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    copy the entire email message and start a new email and paste that stuff in it?
  3. Godofbeer

Godofbeer New Member

Thanks jse1988:

Have actually tried to do that a few times and it aint pretty. Depending on the formatting of the original message, the Ipad's copy/paste capabilities leave a lot to be desired.

W.
  4. mvaugeri

mvaugeri New Member

I just got a new iPod Touch the other day. I'm able to send/receive email messages and view attachments in received messages. However, I see no way to attach documents, say photos or videos I take on the iPod, to an outgoing email message. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Mike
  5. shithead

shithead New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    To attach a photo or a video, you have to go to the your Pic/Video Album-app and select the picture(s) you want to send through email.

iOS will automatically add your pictures into your mail body.
    I think this is the same with video, haven't tried it yet.

Adding documents, I really have no experience with it.
    Else your document-app should support it, or you need to have some tweaks/mods from Cydia.
  6. mvaugeri

mvaugeri New Member

I loaded Picasa onto my iPod and it allows me to email photos from my existing Picasa albums, but I don't have access to the photos and videos I have taken on the iPod itself. Is there a way to access these photos and videos? What app will do this for me?
  7. mvaugeri

mvaugeri New Member

Doh! With the iPod Touch 4 and iOS 4, when you are viewing a photo or video that you shot with the iPod, if you look in the lower left-hand corner, there is a curved arrow pointing up and to the right; if you touch the arrow a pop-up menu gives you the option to email the photo or video. Simple!
  8. Zachariah11

Zachariah11 New Member

If you are trying to send video through an email then look in the internet for software available to send video through an email.Take the help from experts who deal with email video sending.
  9. dbows

dbows New Member

Simple answer

Go to your photo. Copy the photo and then go to your email reply and in the body paste the photo.
    Tanja likes this.
  10. RandReed

RandReed New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    The question is about adding an attachment WHEN REPLYING to email, not sending a new email!

How is this done?