how to access ipod touch music on another mac itunes?

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by yashrg, Mar 28, 2008.

1. yashrg

yashrg Member

Hi, I have installed firefly music server on my ipod touch 1.1.4. I have also successfully accessed the music using itunes on comuters in the same local area network. But today, I was in the computer lab in my college, and the computers are hooked up via ethernet, which is a different (sub?)network than the wifi network. I can see my ipod touch in itunes on my laptop which is connected to the wifi. but it doesn't show up on the itunes on the lab desktop mac. I have checked and made sure look for shared itunes libraries is enabled.

how do i go about accessing my ipod touch music on the desktops in the lab?

additional info: I have installed afp server on the ipod touch. I can access the ipod afp server from the desktop macs. I tried hooking up my laptop to the ethernet so its on the same subnet and then enabled internet sharing and connected my ipod touch to the wifi network of my laptop. still nothing.

is someone up to the challenge of making it work?

maybe set up an internet radio station on the touch that I can access in itunes?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. xitz your fearx

xitz your fearx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    can you ssh?
  3. yashrg

yashrg Member

no, I am a total noob when it comes to ssh. besides, I don't have administrator privileges to the computers in the lab. I can't install any software on there. ssh would require installing a software, right?
  4. xitz your fearx

xitz your fearx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you can always find a usb version for ftping and use that.
  5. yashrg

yashrg Member

usb version of what? I don't get it... but i can access my ipod via afp on the macs. that would make ftp redundant