How the AppStore Should Be

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by shortperson1026, Jan 8, 2010.

1. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

This is my idea of how the AppStore should be.

There should be 5 sections:

1) Quality Paid Apps

2) Quality Free Apps

3) Paid Apps

4) Free Apps

5) Demo Applications

The Quality/Free Paid Apps would be games or applications created by well known developers like EA, Gameloft, Harmonix, Ngmoco, Tapulous, ect. Basically the ones who are developing the highest quality applications. For a Application to reach this status, it would have to have a certain number of downloads, along with a high rating and good reviews.

The normal paid/free Apps would be where the applications would first appear. Depending on how the quality of the application is, it could either be pushed up to the quality section, or remain as is until the developer can make the application better.

And finally, Demos, which I think should have been in the AppStore to begin with. I HATE how when trying to find a decent free game, I stumble upon thousands after thousands of "lite" or "free" versions of games which are sh*t in their entirety. Having a demo section would allow the user to find quality free applications easily without breaking a sweat.
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Or they can leave it how it is? Seeing how it has been going strong for over a year?
  3. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Why would Apple change it when it's doing fine?
  4. shortperson1026

You call that fine? It has more sh*t than Cydia, WAAAY too many "lite" applications and really crappy ones.

Why did Apple add more features to the iPod Touch in a firmware update when it was doing fine? Because there's always room for improvement, and I don't see why Apple shouldn't make the AppStore better.
  5. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    There is no way you can even remotely compare Cydia to the App Store.
  6. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Why are you guys arguing with him about this? The App Store needs some revamping. If not the whole "quality app" thing the OP is suggesting, the App Store needs to be organized better. Browsing apps is a pain and you know it. Stop being so negative. Add some suggestions for improving the app store. It's people like you that ruin this place. Be constructive for a change....

I had a big wall of text typed about how this place is very non-hospitable now compared to the community that was here when this site first started, but f*** it, who cares? not you, that's for sure....
  7. shortperson1026

I agree with you, it's a pain in the ass to find any decent apps without going through a LOAD of really sh*tty "lite" applications. Hell, it's difficult enough to find a good paid app.

And yeah, this community has gone to sh*t. Instead of b*tching about the original post, say something that contributes towards it. If you disagree, give reasons WHY you disagree aside from "well it's successful so why should I give a damn".

Cydia is successful, and look! It's a sh*tpile! I quit using Cydia and started using Rock, because if something interesting is released, it's front paged instead of being lost within a bunch of sh*tty themes and wallpapers.
  8. taptaptouch

taptaptouch Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    And the ability to resume browsing, I download an app then come back to the appstore and have to restart my searching again
  9. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I agree. There are SO many Lite versions of apps, it's kind of annoying. But how would they separate the Quality Paid/Free apps from the other Paid/Free apps? By downloads? Wouldn't that just be the Top 25 list?
  10. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    As far as 'Lite' versions go, I'm a strong advocate of all apps being free for a trial period, say, a day, and then it's 'unlocked' with an in-app-purchase.