how stable is touch after mods??

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by mindtriplx, Dec 26, 2007.

1. mindtriplx

mindtriplx New Member

hey im new here. had my touch for 2 days and already added tons and changed just about everything. im just wondering does doing this really destabilize it? how often do they crash and need to be restored? so far mine has been a-ok i just wanted to know what others think about it.
    thanks guys
  2. akermar

akermar New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    no problems

ive had mine jailbroken for almost 2 months and the only time i had to restore it because i mucked up the settings by trying to manually edit it and did it wrong.

otherwise it is very stable
  3. eozoon

eozoon New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    mine had never been restored since after jailbreaking it back in October.
    I did *almost* f***ed it up a couple of times (after upgrading to 1.1.2 doing the Sym link, and uninstalling Screenshot.app without turning the buttons off first) but managed to fix it via wifi...

It had never crashed on me so far (Safari had closed itself a couple of times when opening large pages, but the ipod as a whole hadn't crashed), and the last time I restarted was at least a month ago (drawn too many lines in iPhysics, makinging it very slow, clearing the screen fixed it, but I restarted just in case..)
  4. Assassin Sheepdog

Assassin Sheepdog New Member

I have had to reset mine 3 times. twice because I tried uninstalling mail.app (which once u install you apparently should never try uninstalling because it will get seriously f***ed up requiring a reset) and the other time I just didn't know what I was doing and I think I loaded too much at once, got scared, and reset it thinking I broke it lol (this happened on my 3rd day of having it or something, so I didn't know what to make of the spinning wheel)
  5. xALeXzx

xALeXzx Active Member

I've restore mine maybe... 6/9 times because i mod it a lot and... you know xD.
  6. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

mine is pretty unstable :/ I have to respring (with sysinfo.app) after I use like 3 apps, I don't know what exactly is causing it.... I have 13 pages of app (with bottom row skip)...
  7. Vissionary

Vissionary New Member

Mine has been jailbroken since day one and it's been nothing but stable. I have well over 30 apps currently. I do research on apps to save myself the headache. If you are very careful with your "hacking" you'll be fine...
  8. Mint-Berry Crunch

Mint-Berry Crunch Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I have been here since day one release of the original tiff exploit. (Jailbreak.toc2rta.com)did a manual jailbreak and it was running fine, there were some buggs but that was because of "DIM wallpaper" turnned it off and it was working perfectly.
    I was doing a friends iPhone and i discovered appsnapp. VERY HANDY! I wrote the site down IN CASE anything happened. Well, one day I tried to install something from an installer source that was new and it totally mucked up. Boom, restore, appsnapp, recover all my mods. I was back in business. Its been running perfectly.

That was my only restore. I mod like crazy, I just be carefull what I do.
  9. mindtriplx

mindtriplx New Member

thanks everyone that makes me feel a lot better. i dont think i could be any happier with this lill gizmo.
    perhaps this is a super noob question but do you guys power it off often or just leave it in sleep and does it matter? this is my 1st ipod and 1st apple anything so just wondering.
  10. eozoon

eozoon New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I never power mine off (except when restarting...), I just put it in sleep mode.