How should i sell my 1g?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Meyer, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Meyer

Meyer Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I am seriously considering selling my iPod Touch 1g so i can buy a refurbished or used 2g. How should i go about selling it? Ebay? i searched there found some 1gs on sale for less than $100. one auction claimed to have games and a movie on it but wouldnt that be erased when the buyer syncs it to the computer? should i still use that as a ploy if i sell on Ebay? also, what about Graig's List? never used it though. has anyone ever sold it to a friend or relative? if you have, how much did you get out of it? im trying to get the most out of it as possible. it has a pretty buffed up back but the screen and home button is fine. i would love to let the next user to have the apps that i currently have so i can jack up the price, if this is possible. sorry about all the questions but i really needs some help from the rest of you iPod touch fans.
  2. *MATT JAM3S*

*MATT JAM3S* New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I believe you could, what I would do, is make a new email, fir the new user, and give them the email and password, and have them authorize there computer, idk. Im just guessing that's how you would do it.
  3. Meyer

Meyer Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok. so then i would have to change my itunes account to a new email account before they get it. that way, they couldn't buy all they want on MY debit card. so in doing this, i can advertise that it has tons of great apps and i can get more money out of it. thanks man!
  4. *MATT JAM3S*

*MATT JAM3S* New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

Exactly, no problem. Glad to help.
  5. Prodigal Son

Prodigal Son New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I sell my stuff on amazon.com. It's real easy and everything goes fast. The fastest way to sell it is to match or beat the lowest price being offered. I sold my PS3 for $450 in less than two hours after posting it. Ebay is good too but setting everything up is more of a hassle and takes longer to sell anything.
  6. Meyer

Meyer Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well i care about how much it sells for not how fast it sells. im also thinking of throwing in a set of ipod speakers and a magnetic flip case that i never used.
    i know i may have sounded sure of how to get the buyer to use the current apps on it but now im not so sure. so i have to alter the itunes account attached to the ipod so they cant use my debit card. and, i have to make a new itunes account for the 2g i plan on buying. im still a little confused about how to do this.
  7. cameleon1267

cameleon1267 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Maybe I am missing something but I don't see how you could share your apps with the new user. Even if you change the email address, everything will be gone if they have to restore. Your apps are linked to your itunes account. the new user would have to authorize his computer with your account

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Meyer

Meyer Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thats what i want. they need to authorize their computer. i have 1 authorization left for this ipod. but im still confused if it will let them copy all the apps to their computer. ive never done this before.