How scratched is the back of your iPod??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sitric, Oct 28, 2007.

1. sitric

sitric New Member

Just wondering...
    I got my iPod touch about a week ago and i dont use any protection for it. And i have to say the back is SCRATCHED a lot.....

So how much is your scratched?

Here's a pic of mine:

Attached Files:

2. luvs2touch

luvs2touch New Member

mines not that bad.

alot of scratches near the top chrome and the bottom the middle is all good though..lol

i dont really care for the back, nor did i since day 1... the backs of ipods get scratched soo damn easily..

though my screen still has the screen protector it comes with from apple..lol i baby that ;D

The view from the front is better anyway

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    no scratches on mine, I took the plastic off the screen when I got it and stuck it on the back, trimmed the edges off. Going to get a case in a day or two.
  4. Hunid Racks

Hunid Racks New Member

Well I dont have my touch yet, but I plan on literally taking it out of the box and into a case/cover lol, and keeping the plastic stuff on the back. I have a 8GB video nano tho, with the same back and Ive been babying it actually lol. It does have 1 tiny tiny scratch on it but thats probably from wiping it on my jeans, probably was a little grit on my pants. But aside from that I had my video nano for about 3 weeks and its perfect. It's not so hard to take care of it, just keep it in a soft baggie or case and just handle it nicely and dont set it down on tables n stuff.
  5. hydrotherion

hydrotherion New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The back of my touch is pretty scratched and I only have the touch for just 5 days now. I don't wanna nag about but I can't figure out whyApple can't adress this issue. Still the screen is really resilliant and that's really impressive. I would 've thought it would be a scratch magnet by now. Still I'll probably get me a cas e and also the invisible shield but that's more for the greasy fingerprints then protection.
  6. jasonweaver

jasonweaver New Member

you should take the plastic off, i left mine on and some dirt got under it and the dirt and sticky plastic thing combined and it was there for a few days
  7. bblipp

bblipp New Member

Scratched - but who cares?

[I do not know why we should care about the back. Apple have really hit upon a clever way to have an inbuilt obsolescence. If you want to baby your machine forever then you should stick it in a condom. Me I live for the moment. I refuse to give a crap about how the back looks. /FONT]
  8. romanul

romanul New Member

im the same.. i dont really care bout the back of it..
    but as for apple saying that the front is scratch proof, well.. ive already got a small scratch near the button.. and that was from slippin it into my bag.. or in and out of my pocket..

i have no idea, but thats the worst ive done to it..
    after watchin a vid of a guy goin over the face with a stanley knife testing the theory, i thought i woulda been safe..

oh well.. not giving
  9. kyledylanconner

kyledylanconner New Member

Smart, I never though about doing that. I should have.
  10. blackgoat226

blackgoat226 New Member

yeah I had the plastic screenng from apple but dumb me I took it off to put the DLO jacket and the screen protector that came with it and it is now a grease magnet.. Oh well my back has like one spot where it just got raped with grit how i dont know since its been k. A case the whole time