how scratch resistant is the front surface?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by unlimitedx, Dec 6, 2008.

1. unlimitedx

unlimitedx New Member

with the 2g (if there is difference with 1g)?

i'm debating whether to get a skin to cover it. of course ill be taking care of it and not putting it in pockets with my keys... but i want to know whether it would get scratches easily..
  2. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I don't know about the iPods... But i get scratches a lot faster on my iPhone 3G's screen than i had on my iPhone 2G. Actually i didn't had scratches on all of my iPhone 2G's.
  3. 101gfx

101gfx New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have on scratch, that I have no idea how I got it. But the screen on the 1G is glass, so its pretty resistant.
  4. Germany

Germany Banned

They are both the same type of screen, but the 2g is slightly improved. My friends 1g has a few scratches on it from being in his pocket with keys. The same happened with my 2g and I had no scratches at all. Be careful with it though, nothin is invincible. Any screen cover should do fine, so don't spend to much money. It is always better to play it safe rather than sorry, so just buy a screen cover.
  5. SolarFlare

SolarFlare New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm sure it is not much different from the 1G. I toss mine in my pocket with no front protection along with keys, pencils, change, etc. and not a mark on it.
  6. unlimitedx

unlimitedx New Member

really? those things i'd imagine would scratch the screen like crazy. how about the back of that ipod?