How safe for the future it is to jailbreak ipod touch 8g (MC) 3.1.2

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Gabriel Simões, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Gabriel Simões

Gabriel Simões New Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Sorry for double posting, but I think I have posted first in the wrong forum section.

First I´m sorry if similar threads have been made before. I´ve looked for them but haven´t found. Also, english is not my main language so forgive any spelling mistakes...

I have an IPod Touch "3g" 8 gb that has been factory assembled with firmware 3.1.2. I´ve read a lot about the tethered jailbreak and have been waiting since december for greenpo1son but this afternoon I decided to give it up and go for blackra1n.

Well, too late now I can´t backup my shsh anymore (just ECID) and I got pretty afraid of jailbreaking it with blackra1n and for any need, not being able to roll back to 3.1.2 in the future.
    Also, since this would be my first jailbreak I don´t know if it would be possible to unjailbreak it if needed (back to 3.1.2).

So I´d like to ask you guys which are fair more experient than me in this subject: is it safe for me to jailbreak now? Should I backup shsh and ecid from 3.1.3 and jailbreak 3.1.2 without thinking twice? Is there anything I can do now so I´m able to roll back to 3.1.2 if needed?

What trouble could I run into if I decide to jailbreak it now?

Thanks for your help,
    Gabriel Simões
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    The 3G 8GB can use the 2G 3.1.2 firmware to restore on.
  3. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Dec 1, 2009
    use coca cola's guide to restore with 2g 3.1.2 firmware