How random is the song shuffle?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by marlman, Dec 19, 2007.

1. marlman

marlman Member

I use my touch on random song shuffle most of the time. At the moment I have 89 albums totalling 1165 songs on it.

I dont know if its me but it seems to pick the same dozen or so albums all the time!

Might be just my imagination but it does not seem to be that random to me there are definately loads of albums its not even touched!

Anybody else out there noticed this?

Still love it though!
  2. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    In my opinion, iPods have always had fairly good shuffle algorithms. Almost everyone has a couple songs or albums that they swear their iPod plays more than other, but it is more than likely just a coincidence.
  3. fredriks91

fredriks91 New Member

change the propability % in itunes

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Does the probability % in iTunes really effect the iPod Touch or just playback in iTunes? I thought it was just the latter...
  5. Hunid Racks

Hunid Racks New Member

If you rate your music song by song it shuffles through the stuff you like the most first, so if you got 101 full albums like I do you won't stumble across sh*t for 15 songs in a row. So if you rate 1 artist with 5 stars or the same album with 5 stars more than others you'll hear alot more of that stuff than others. So if you want an ├╝ber shuffle don't rate anything. Or rate everything 5 stars.... If you want.