How much space does Album Art take up?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by vegeto2k222, Aug 9, 2008.

1. vegeto2k222

vegeto2k222 Banned

I wanted to free up some space on my iphone and I was thinking about deleting all the artwork on it. I did some searching online and saw this question had been asked and people were saying it should take up like 20 MB. However, I went to my itunes_control folder and saw the artwork folder was over 200MB. Is this the right folder?
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Anywhere between 5 and 30 MB, depending on your music collection size.

No, 1.25 GB is way off, unless you have a 500,000 song collection.
  3. vegeto2k222

vegeto2k222 Banned

ya i misread it. But its about 200 MB. I copied and pasted album art from Websites and didn't get it from itunes
  4. Nintendork

Nintendork New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sorry for the super two-year bump, but I was about to create a topic similar to this, but I guess I should just post my question here so I won't create a duplicate topic...

How much space do you think 291 album artworks would take up? Please give me a rough estimate, because I'm considering adding album art to every single song track, not just the album itself, but the songs within each album I have, which would total up to 291 tracks.

Reason I ask is because only one song from each album has album art to be displayed as it's playing. Every other song in the album will be displayed as default white music note background. I just want to know how to make all 291 songs not have the default music note background?

Thanks.
  5. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    it shouldnt take up that much, and btw u should make a new thread regardless
  6. Nintendork

Nintendork New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Maybe you're right.

And really? Sorry, I just come from other forums that lock duplicate topics and redirect you to existing ones, so I was used to bumping. I wasn't sure if you guys rolled the same way here or not.

Thanks. I'll be sure to make duplicates if it will avoid a big bump

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    It depends on the picture size you copied. If it's 50kb it'll be 50kb+ how big the song file is.
  8. Nintendork

Nintendork New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I see. Well my album art files usually range from 10-25kb, and songs range from 1-10 MB.

From that information I provided above ^, would you think it would take up a lot of space on my device?
  9. killerjak7

killerjak7 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    i wouldn't worry about it i have around 500 covers and it only takes up like 50mb
  10. Nintendork

Nintendork New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Wow, really?

Ok, now another question: How can I get album artwork to sync to all 291 of my tracks simultaneously? I tried 'Get Album Art', but I still have the problem where only one song from the album will be displayed with the album art.