How much should I sell semi-broken iPod for?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iEfforts, Mar 15, 2009.

1. iEfforts

iEfforts New Member

I've had my iPod Touch 16 Gig first generation for about 7 months and for about two weeks I've had trouble with it. First it wouldn't turn on and it wouldn't be recognized by itunes.

Now I got it recognized, however, it won't turn off. It's used, everything works fine except the back is a little bit scratched up(not severely, but a few scratches even though I've had a case). How much would it be worth with these small things that it has wrong. And only the iPod itself, not including the dock and earphones. Just the iPod itself.
  2. Matt-09

Matt-09 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    An iPod that never turns off. Hmm...not much I expect. Will it go to sleep?
  3. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Yeah I agree, if it does not shut off and you don't tell the buyer it may come back to haunt you! If you can find out how to turn it off, than you may get $150 for it (maybe).
  4. iEfforts

iEfforts New Member

By turn off I mean shut down completely. Once I slide to power off it turns off for 2 secs, then goes back on. But it can sleep just fine.
  5. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Well if it does not completely shut off, it will drain the battery for the buyer. This is up to you but looking around right now, with out the earbuds or usb cord maybe $150-180.

Good luck, The Crow
  6. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Restore it and stick it on ebay with an accurate description of any problems and let the market set its price.