iPhone 3G How much do you think my iPhone 3G 8GB is Worth?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gamepro127, Oct 8, 2010.

1. gamepro127

gamepro127 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Since I'm getting my new iPhone 4 32GB Black tomorrow or on Monday, I'm going to want to sell my old iPhone 3g 8gb for some extra bucks.

Its in GREAT quality. No noticeable scratches on the front (Yes, there are a load on the back, but honestly I don't look on the back so idc).

Its in great shape EXCEPT that the Volume buttons DO NOT WORK! This is the only problem

Please Register or Log in to view images

Its jailbroken, Unlocked and running iOS 4.

I'm looking around ebay and I'm guessing about $200, but will the broken volume switch really put it down? You can always change the volume in settings or on the music screen ofc

P.S: I bought it at a pawn shop for $100, so I will not be disappointed for anything under $250.
    I myself have never dropped this phone, and there are no cracks.

Thanks
  2. Steven Jobs

Steven Jobs Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    i would personaly give you $5 for it.only because i have a stash in my closet....
    supply.and.demand
  3. KiTeXd

KiTeXd New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yeah, same. I bought my 3GS for about $200 on Craigslist.

Start it off at $200, set a reserve, there's always people willing to go to older devices because of the stable jailbreaks and stuff. And if no one buys it, post it again

Someone is bound to buy it from you sooner or later.
  4. lolmao

lolmao Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    start off at 200 as said above
  5. 15avaughn

15avaughn Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Since you bought a 3G 8GB at $99 and the volume buttons are broken... I'd say around 50-70 bucks And that's if you're lucky. @lolmao and @KiTeXd it's an 8GB 3G who would buy that for 200 bucks? A collector might for a 2G but that's it
  6. berniebennybernard

berniebennybernard Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    It's roughly worth around to or under $100.

The market for a used 3G is very limited, let alone one with busted volume control.
  7. aussigal

aussigal Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    To be fair, was the volume button busted when you bought it?...if so drop the starting price about $20-$25 from what you paid for it., if you bought it with a broken button I would start it at $99 and see what happens...on evilbay I have seen it often happen that when you start out at a fair and low price you draw in lots of buyers and end up with a great sale price.
  8. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I buy and sell these things. And iPhone 3g 8gb is worth about 150 but the buttons are broke cost about 35 to fix so I would say 150-35=115
  9. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I just paid 125 for the same thing with working volume. If you start high on ebay you will lose a ton of bids and pay higher price. Start low to get more bids.Then they get in a bidding war and it goes up.
  10. tddots

tddots Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I would pay around $120.