How much can I sell this iPod Touch 2G for?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Pwnzorz, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Pwnzorz

Pwnzorz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I got this iPod from a friend and he said he couldn't use it and it was broken and 2 days later I came back to school with his iPod and I fixed it just by DFU restoring and he got a new one because he is spoiled, not to be mean but he is and he said he didn't want it because he got a 32GB one instead of 16GB like the one here is and I asked him if I could sell it and he said ya so I am asking how much I can sell this iPod Touch 2G 16GB for, it is REALLY scratched on the back and there is a few hairline scratches on the screen, I will post some pictures.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. solidness

solidness Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That is nasty looking >_<
    Anyways, $170-210?
    I'm not completely sure
  3. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    $215?????

the refurbished ones from apple are 260
  4. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    180-200...

Sell it now if your going to sell it... there may be rumors of a new iPod touch soon, which will make the value less.
  5. Pwnzorz

Pwnzorz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ya, I was going to sell it on eBay tonight, I need money for an upcoming Megadeth and Slayer concert I am going to and I am getting a new airsoft gun so this will help a lot

. Thanks for all the replies guys, I think I will do Buy Now for about 210-215 dollars.
  6. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    OH! KAY! Well i say 180 but it ok. I might talk to my friend so he can actually buy it.
  7. Pwnzorz

Pwnzorz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If nobody buys it for 205, which I am setting the buy it now price to be which I'm probably putting it up for sale tomorrow on ebay or the next day, I will probably put it lower to around 190-180 or something. If you put a case on which most people do nobody will know you bought it used because the front is pretty much scratch free except for 3-4 hairline scratches.
  8. solidness

solidness Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Good luck

Keep us posted
  9. michaelsipod

michaelsipod New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    i sold my 8 gig with a small scratch on the screen for $160 really fast, so for a 16 gig i saw maybe 200
  10. IceBerg

IceBerg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    The answer is not always so simple, yet worded simple.

As much as someone is willing to pay for it.

Basically it all depends on if you can find a buyer and if they are willing to pay what your asking. EBay is obviously good for this set a moderate starting price, require shipping insurance, and make sure all payments clear before you ship.

EDIT:
    Also get you a microfiber cloth and some iClear it will fix up a lot of the scratches.
    Also be warned several people have been charged with selling stolen iPods on E-Bay so make sure your friend acquired it legitimately as E-Bay happily hands over records. The 2g I have now I bought from Walmart after I bought a stolen one of e-bay, it took about 3mo for e-bay and apple to straighten it out and get me my money back because apple wouldn't let me connect to the itunes store with it.