How much 3G do you use?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tornbacchus, Jun 18, 2009.

?

how much 3G do you use in 1 month on iphone?

1. 0 - 50 MB

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. 50 - 100 MB

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  3. 100 - 500 MB

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. 500 + MB

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. tornbacchus

tornbacchus New Member

well i had 3G on my iphone, but i also have a laptop that i use alot more. a few weeks ago i cancelled the 3G on my iphone and picked up an internet stick on rogers, which gives my laptop 3.5G internet anywhere. so far, i use the thing everyday, alot more than 3G on my phone. i can even play cod4 online on the stick.

after i did this, i founf out about the iphone teathering to the computer, but i dont really care because

1 it wont be as fast
    2 it will heat up my iphone alot
    3 its alot more money

so i think im going to stick with my 3.5G internet stick. i used maybe 40mb a month of 3G on my iphone. so far in 2 weeks, ive used about 3GB on my laptop.

so im just wondering how much 3G (mb) people use in one month, and if they would use it more than internet anywhere on a laptop.

if your wondering what i have/ what an internet stick is, its here:

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wire...oductType=normal&productId_Detailed=MF636REDR

comparing the prices are;

i was getting 500mb for 30$/ month on iphone

im now getting 1GB month for 20$/month on internet stick
  2. Jeffy

Jeffy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    How are you getting 500MB / Month /$30.00?

You can get 6GB / Month / $30.00 on Rogers, with this plan you can teether all you want, plus, the last thing I want is to drag my notebook around with me everywhere! But that's just me.
  3. tornbacchus

tornbacchus New Member

that plan doesnt exist anymore, it was 6 GB for 30$ month when it first started, i got mine at christmas 30$ for 500MB, i also have another iphone on my plan that i got in july 6GB for 30$ month.

check the site, its alot more now.

i take my laptop everyday everywhere i go. i have nothing that i need to go on on my iphone, maybe emails, and gamebattles, but thats nothing.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    here is the value pack http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless-plans/iphone_data_plans

and this is the data only http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless-plans/iphone_card_plans

i should be paying 35$ month, but they gave me a deal for 20$/month for 1GB
  4. Jeffy

Jeffy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Well, if you renew another 3 years you can upgrade it to the 6GB Data Plan.

Rogers FAQ
    "Is the new 6GB/$30 promotional plan available for all iPhone customers, new and existing?

The $30/6GB will be available to all iPhone customers starting June 9th 2009. Only available on a 3 Year term and available until July 31st, 2009"

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless-products/iphone_faqs
  5. tornbacchus

tornbacchus New Member

i did not know that, as its also not anywhere on their site, i guess their trying to keep it hidden. im going to phone next week to see what they can give me, i tried calling today and its at least an hour just to get through to rogers.
  6. Xhiea

Xhiea Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    3G use is unlimited and bundled with the iphone contract over here, fair usage might apply though, i'm not sure
  7. tornbacchus

tornbacchus New Member

must be nice, where u from?

i am thinking about teathering my iphone to my computer now, but wanna test it out, and im my first post im still wondering about the affects on my iphone and if it compares with my internet stick. if i like it, im going to get the 6GB for 30$/month and teather it. its free on a value pack i think
  8. Xhiea

Xhiea Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    UK

Please Register or Log in to view images

O2 really do look after us over here, although they are trying to charge £14.95 a month for tethering, even though you can just activate it for free.

But yeah the 3G/edge/gprs data is completely "free" i say free but its included in the £35 contract
  9. tornbacchus

tornbacchus New Member

thats an expensive contract, but i guess if you get unlimited data, its pretty good.
  10. Xhiea

Xhiea Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    its actually the cheapest one for the 3GS, but the phone is only £87 (about $140?) O2 has the best coverage and service in the UK, so i think the best carrier won the rights to the iphone over here, from what i've seen AT&T seem to actually dispise their customers lol..