How many of you

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ipodmanfan, Jan 4, 2009.

1. ipodmanfan

ipodmanfan New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    In the Dev Teams latest blog they are not very happy chaps, some 1 has a ongoing business set up in the UK and charging i phone/i pod touch users to jailbreak/unlock them.
    I was just wondering how many of you have used Quickpwn and charged some 1 money for it? Be honest....
    The Dev team knows this sort of thing goes on its even on e-bay, I have to agree with The Dev Team they work very hard and people steal it, some people are making big money from it.
    I would jailbreak and unlock for my friends and not charge a penny for it if I was asked, I don't know any 1 who has a i pod touch 1G or owns a i phone but....
    The other day I was in a Opticians with my Daughter and the lady who fitted my Daughters Spectacles asked about the icons on her i phone, my Daughter replied 'oh my Dad can unlock it for you'.
    We had a conversation and she asked me if I could unlock her phone for her I said 'yes no problem as long as you can make a small contribution to the software developers '(I explained to her) as yet she has not called me but I did give her the web address for The Dev team.
    I can understand any 1 who charges a few pounds now and then, bet most people have done it, but those who advertise themselves and sell the software links etc and make big bucks like the 1 mentioned via the Dev Team is just wrong: your thoughts?
  2. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I only got paid once and thats cause the guy actuallly offered me the money to upgrade his ipod to 2.x.x firmware. He had a 1G so I just downloaded it online and got to keep the money

Please Register or Log in to view images

but other times I just helped others jailbreak on their own
  3. wordlife6272

wordlife6272 New Member

i actually thought about doing that to someone, but i didnt because its free software, and its just wrong to charge anyone for something free and easy like that

i hate websites that try to charge ppl to get their iphones unlocked
  4. frightenedcow

frightenedcow New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah, the UK folk are big jerk faces. you hear me! JERK FACES!
  5. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

ive seen a whole bunch of services like this on craiglist... my ipod isnt jailbreakable so i wouldnt know if its a scam or if they are for real... they charge like between 20-30 bucks for jailbreak and for unlock iphone and for some other stuff... i dont think its wrong... some people feel uncomfortable doing this kind of stuff themselves (like me) and so they take it to somebody they can trust that will do it right... ur taking away time from that trusty person so obviously some money needs to be involved... but thats just me
  6. nRax

nRax New Member

Jerks! Bit to much really. Very uncalled for.
  7. 93bh

93bh New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I used to make money to jailbreak my friends' iPod touch. I'm not doing it anymore because it insult my friends.
  8. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    How are people so technologically stupid that they have to pay others to do something so simple? Jailbreaking is pretty easy to do compared to other hacks for other devices.
  9. lakers123

lakers123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    people dont search
  10. ipodmanfan

ipodmanfan New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I supposse the discussion could also be said for downloading other apps aswell. But we can't discuss this on here so don't bother.

This is what I mean I'm just glad this forum is here and people like ourselves are here to help.

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127890