How many of you are waiting

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 900hwy165, Nov 28, 2007.

1. 900hwy165

900hwy165 New Member

How many of you are waiting for the next software update before you decide to jailbreak? I've been interested to perform the jailbreak but everytime I research how to reload 1.1.1 (I'm running 1.1.2) and the problem that are reported, it's just not worth the headache. I guess I'm just fine with the touch being just an ipod.
  2. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i actually experienced alot of crashes with the 1.1.2 jailbreak intitially. i had to restore 3 times. but since they released the new jailbreaker, ive had 0 problems. its pretty much as safe as its gonna get now. i'd suggest going for it. you'll be much happier if you do
  3. gobygoby

gobygoby New Member

well....I have to admit. When I gotmy touch a month ago, I was going to wait until Feb. when Apple is supposed to announce 3rd party development. I wanted to keep my ipod virginized and in compliance with the warranty.....

.....curiousity got the best of me about 2 weeks ago and I am glad it did. I agree hands down, then stock touch is a superior gadget. no doubt about it.

However, after I jailbroke it, the touch jumped to a WHOLE new level of gadgetry. A jailbroken touch/iphone is amazing to say the least. you have no idea what your missing out on. I still look forward to feb. though, maybe that will help the current devs make more great apps.
  4. 900hwy165

900hwy165 New Member

This is whats got me around the throat. How do I know that I'm using the correct and lastest jailbreak proceedure. Then added to that concern is reverting back to 1.1.1. I have yet to find the single source - this is how to do it - that doesn't come along with comments about it not working under certain circumstances.

I'm just a chicken.
  5. 900hwy165

900hwy165 New Member

6. Farami

Farami New Member

So, I've had 1.1.1 a while and was happy with it. No problems at all. The I upgraded to 1.1.2 and had no problems at all either, neither jailbreaking it nor crashes or anything, it even ran much smoother.
    Then I restored to 1.1.1 because I THOUGHT I had a problem with wlan not connecting but it was my router actually. So I went back to 1.1.2. Never had ANY problems at all. No crashing and nothing. So I can surely say: upgrade! go for it!
  7. gobygoby

gobygoby New Member

nah...I dont agree with that. The second guy that posted said he "tried every app in the installer"

right there is the issue. All the apps are "at your own risk" some of them have bugs and dont work properly and will do wierd things. only istall stuff that you know that works that other people talk about. I dont install anything that looks fishy. most of that stuff is not useful or not needed anyway, so why install it just to see how it owkrs, then uninstall it 1 minute later.

lok at it like your computer. Your not going to install every single app you find because you dont want a virus. You wont get a virus on the touch, but bugs is a possibility.

I followed ipodtouchmasters videos and I have had zero problems.
  8. stinkeye

stinkeye New Member

whats up with people starting threads with "how many of you"
  9. 900hwy165

900hwy165 New Member

OK...so I did a seach for ipodtouchmasters and came up with: Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms. Where do I find this resource?

Thanks,
    t
  10. gobygoby

gobygoby New Member

its actually ipodtouchmaster without the "s"

Please Register or Log in to view images

my bad. Here is his youtube link.

http://www.youtube.com/ipodtouchmaster