How Many Memory Does The Jailbreak Need On The I Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by ipodhamster, Nov 7, 2007.

1. ipodhamster

ipodhamster New Member

Hey Guys I Just Wanna Know How Many Memory Does The Jailbreak Needs... And If I Jailbreak And Theres An Update On Itunes Will It Automatically Restore My Ipod To The Original Mode?... And Do You Recomend Me To Jailbreak It Because I Don't Wanna Risk The Warranty If Something Goes Wrong Tnx...
  2. tomsabin

tomsabin New Member

From what I've noticed, no memory (or just a little bit, nothing noticeable).

Yes, on iTunes if you plug your iPod touch into your computer and click 'Restore', or you can do the manual restore on your iPod touch by the home and sleep button combination.

If you want to get the most out the iPod touch, then go ahead! If anything goes wrong or if you want to update to the next version you can restore it and update. You can get games, the iPhone applications such as mail, notes, weather etc. and much much more!
    So I recommend you should if you want to get the most out of it, but if you just use it to play music then it's down to you.
  3. Masky64

Masky64 New Member

The jailbreak requires 300mb, don't update if it says to update, and you can restore it if it breaks, the store won't know if you jailbroke it.
  4. tomsabin

tomsabin New Member

I don't think it takes 300 MB..

Please Register or Log in to view images

34 MB of Other (Applilcations)
    And although the capacity should be 16GB, it says 14.84 GB because of the OS system on the iPod, like a mini version of vista or leopard for example, but on the touch (obviously not the same size.)
  5. opsguy

opsguy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That is true it takes up much of nothing as compared to before being jailbroken.

It is when you add all the iphone apps and stuff though the Installer app that you will add a little. For example on my Touch I have all the iphone apps, about 10 apps added with Installer and about 20 NES games and all that only takes up about 70mb.