How Loud?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Royce Da 5'9", Sep 26, 2008.

1. Royce Da 5'9"

Royce Da 5'9" New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Just one question, how loud is the internal speaker on the 2g ipod touch?

out of 10 what would u rate the loudness and quality of the internal speaker?
  2. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    It's pretty loud, but it's more for casual listening. Like for if ur doing work at a desk or something. It really shouldn't b used in loud places because u wot hear it. The quality is the same of the iphone speaker, since they r the same speaker.

So for loudness: 10/10 in a quiet place, 0/10 in loud places, and maybe a 6.5/10 outdoors like in walking around in like the woods.
    Overall quality of sound: at the highest volume: 8/10. My advice is to get the volume up to the beginning of the next button l> maybe a little past that but not all the way up... Overall. The speakers are a big plus.
  3. Thao

Thao New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The quality is definitely not the same. The iPhone has actual holes to let the sound project, the touch does not.

Did no one watch the huge front-page demo?
    http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=VDig0KTzUqs

That compares the qualities, the answer is pretty obvious.
  4. Shadowzzz2213

Shadowzzz2213 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    in my opinion
    the volume is small - but useable in quite/un-noisy places
    quality is not bad - and the sound goes through the back - u can feel the back vibrate
  5. Donka

Donka Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Does the 2nd Gen Touch make use of the new speaker for Calendar alerts? The 1st gen is a bit quiet and easy to miss.
  6. PCKid

PCKid New Member

Yeah I'd like to know that too before I dump my 1G for a 2G
  7. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I've tested many songs on the iPod touch 2nd gen in the Apple Store.

Loudness=5 It wouldn't be something you can use like everyday, and still be able to hear it. It's for "casual listening" so apps like Tap Tap, and phonesaber work well with it

Quality: Absolutely crap. The sound is very tinny, and it doesn't have bass to the songs. If you put an EQ onto the music, the music will get distorted. So in my general opinion 3/10.

It does have a hole (kind of) The dock connecter produces some sound. But I guess overall if you want to show off your iPod's tap tap, or phonesaber, its good enough. But if you love quality and clearness of music, then it isn't that good