how long to break in earphones(cx500)?

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by semidevil, Apr 25, 2009.

1. semidevil

semidevil New Member

so I read a lot about breaking in the ear phones and pink noise. I just bought a pair of CX 500, and I have been looping 20minutes of pink noise since almost 24 hours now. Is this enough to break in the earphones, or should I do more?
  2. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I usually would do about 100 hours, and then rest of it by music unless people actually say there's a certain amount.
  3. semidevil

semidevil New Member

now it doesn't matter whether it's 100 consecutive hours or not right? I mean, for example, I can use it normal during the day, and break it in overnight while i'm sleeping right? I'm assuming the answer is yes, but just want to make sure.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. thechungster

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Break in is quite controversial. You can either believe in it, or not. Some people say use pink noise throughout. Some say use music all the way, some say a mix. And the people who don't believe in burn in think it's psychological. There is no right or wrong, so you can do whatever you want. But yes, you could I guess do music+pink noise overnight.
  5. aaron1006

aaron1006 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I did about 50 hours of pink noise plus regular play and they sound great.
  6. kifac

kifac Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Sorry but what is pink Music all about or breaking in??
  7. thechungster

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Burning in is the process which involves playing either pink noise or music through the IEMs, and so it can flex it drivers (Or get used to sound better). It's a debatable thing, whether it's physcological or not. I play 100 hours of pink noise through it and hear the improvements.