How long should it take for a 3G touch to reboot?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Cold Sunshine, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Cold Sunshine

Cold Sunshine New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey All
    I have rebooted (press and hold sleep and home buttons till apple logo appears) and it took about one minute and five seconds to reboot to the slide lock. Is this normal? It has about 10gigs on 32gig ipod.

Thanks
  2. macosxleopardfan

macosxleopardfan Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ^Just tried it.. My 64-gigger booted in ~20 secs till I got the slide lock..
  3. Cold Sunshine

Cold Sunshine New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Was that from sleep or a reboot?
  4. macosxleopardfan

macosxleopardfan Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Reboot obviously.. How can sleep take that long?? Sleep is instant..
  5. Cold Sunshine

Cold Sunshine New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I am sorry, I misspoke. I did not mean sleep. I meant was that reboot using home and sleep button or "power off" usong sleep button and red slider to power off? Sorry to ask so many times but I don't think I was clear
  6. macosxleopardfan

macosxleopardfan Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah man.. It was a complete reboot.. I pressed and hold the top button and used the red slider to power off the device.. Then rebooted it using the same button (where the apple logo appears). The time it took till I saw the unlock slider was 20-21 seconds.. Not more than that in any case.. Tried this 2 times..

I hope I'm clear with this ^^.. Hope you get it now..
  7. Cold Sunshine

Cold Sunshine New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah, there is some confusion. The method you are referring to is powering off the device and turning it back on. A reboot per apple is to press and hold the sleep button (on top of touch) and the home button simulatneously for at least ten seconds until the apple appears. If you are using the slider it is powering off. My device does the same twenty seconds as yours when using the red slider/power off method.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Sorry I am using the wrong word, I mean a reset per apple. Here are the instructions from their site:To reset iPod touch, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least10 seconds. During this time, a red "power off" slider may appear and the screen may go black, but do not release Sleep/Wake and Home buttons until the Apple logo appears.
  8. macosxleopardfan

macosxleopardfan Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ohh.. I'm sorry then.. My apologies..
    I didn't know of this method at all.. (New IPT user)
    Yeah, rebooting takes the same here too 1 min 4 sec..

BTW, what's the diff between rebooting and powering off and starting the device again?
  9. Cold Sunshine

Cold Sunshine New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    No prob. Reset/reboot and power off have properties that can fix small glitches, etc. Apple recommends using power off first to see if issues are fixed. If I doesn't they suggest reboot/reset. That is my understanding.
  10. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    lol you are kidding right.....even a new iPod touch user should know the difference....reboot is also known as restarting the device right at the second and powering down the device is just turning it off and power it back up when you feel like it.....