How long does your battery last?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JuniorNA, Sep 23, 2007.

1. JuniorNA

JuniorNA New Member

Mine is lasting about 4-5 hours, music only. WIFI off, and No videos.

If I leave wifi on, and I play with the net for a half hour, watch some videos, it's dead in 2 hours.

What do you guys notice so far? Also, are you letting it die completely, then charging it? or just topping off whenever you can.

Let me know. thanks.
  2. Mustachio

Mustachio New Member

are you leaving the screen on?

the advertised battery life if for music with the screen off... doing anything with the screen on will drop your battery life to the same amount they say for video
  3. JuniorNA

JuniorNA New Member

yah, screen on. I have it set to shut off after 5 minutes...bc its annoying for it to shut off right before you want to change a song. Because I constantly tap next to get to another song, I leave the screen on and unlocked.
  4. iceman5008

iceman5008 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    it helps if you actually turn off the touch when not using it but i have a tendency of just putting mine to sleep because i dont feel like waiting for it to start up........just impatient
  5. JuniorNA

JuniorNA New Member

AHHH. so you actually hold the top left button, and slide to turn off. I dont do that, I just hit it once and put it in sleep mode. and you're right, if you actually turn it off, it loses what playlist/album/song you're on, and safari is reset and shut down.

Good point. I'll start to shut it off when I'm done using it.
  6. lethalfrog

lethalfrog New Member

I have found that mine is good if I turn off the screen, I have not tried turning off. If it is anything like my previous iPods, then the battery life will improve after a few charges. Also you will stop fiddling with it and that will improve the battery life.
  7. iceman5008

iceman5008 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    ha ha, i cant stop fiddling with mine, i just pick it up for no reason and start doing whatever, i have gotten over the fact that I HAVE AN IPOD TOUCH!!!!!!!!!
  8. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

i never shut it all the way off, seeing as how the startup process drains the battery quite a bit.
  9. AlliPodHax

AlliPodHax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    what so you always put it into sleep, doesnt that drain the battery the same, it doesnt make any sense, its weird, i wish they would've had this Forum before it came out, lolololol,

Cheers,
    Ben.
  10. Mustachio

Mustachio New Member

yea, ide like to know if its better to leave it on sleep or to shut it off completely.

Im thinking that if you are going to be using it fairly often, like over the course of a day, better to leave it on sleep. But for longer periods, better probably to shut it down completely.

And make sure you hit the sleep/wake button when listening to music, or have your ipod set to shut the screen off after a certain amount of time, using the screen it seems is a lot of the drain of the battery.

If you want to change songs a lot, set up a playlist, then shut the screen off and use the double tap controls to switch songs, you get play/pause, next, reverse, and volume, just like you want. Then it will shut the screen off automatically a lot quicker to conserve battery.