How long did it take you..

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by makaveldon04i, Dec 30, 2007.

1. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

since i see many posts asking on how people dont know how to jailbreak...im curious if it was hard/how long did it take for you

i dont have a touch,since im saving up for one...but i jailbroke my friends...it was the easiest thing ever,especially 1.1.1,that took around 5 minutes

1.1.2 took me around 20 minutes because of the gay update...but it was also simple...overall,with adding games,themes,and setting up the free MP3 download crap,it took me around 3 hours max? with some small breaks for snacks and getting bored...it was easy, just that i got a bit confused on the themes,but i worked my way around it*god bless the search button*

how bout you all?
  2. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well i originally tried the 76 step jailbreak but that totally mess up at about 60 so i couldnt restore my ipod on my windows so i had to wait a week and fix it on a mac at my school

i then waited 2 days and then the slovix method came out so i done that after getting in contact with the vid maker that took 3-5 mins

then i managed to mess it up again

i restored it back to 1.1.1 and then done the jailbreakme method in 3-5 mins

then i done the windows 1.1.2 method

1 week later that messed up so i went back to 1.1.1

done the jailbreakme method
  3. FluxBox

FluxBox New Member

Took me... Uhm.

Well, 15 seconds to type in "jailbreakme.com"
    5 seconds to flick down and click install
    2 seconds before Safari crashed
    And about 10 seconds before my iPod restarted.

Around 32 seconds = )

And I'm not even kidding.
  4. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Got home from the store>downgraded to 1.1.1>Jailbreakme.com>oktoprep>upgraded to 1.1.2>Jailbroke with 1.1.2 app> installed iphone preps and apps

I had the firmware for 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 and the jailbreak app for 1.1.2 on my hd ready for when I got home. Not sure how long it took, but not long. Had no problems. It went realy quick. I have installed more apps and games since. 45 icons on 4 pages, 1167 songs, 30 videos (7 are movies, 1 concert, the rest music videos), 13 pics, 2 pdf for my pdf viewer, and a couple books for the book app, and a bunch of dict's for the weDict app.
  5. raEEv3

raEEv3 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Around 2-3 hours LOl.. that's because... I was loading youtube and my connection is REALLY slow with youtube.. it doesn't fully load before I watch I watch when it's not even loaded.. Lol.. so yeah I guess I loaded all the steps (parts) on youtube which was about 3? So... each one took about 15 minutes to load... rofl and then I had to download the downgrading 111 file and then the 112 file and the other file.... maybe 3-4 hours D: Basically I can do it alot faster maybe 20 minutes tops

Please Register or Log in to view images

(the update firmware also loads slow on itunes)
  6. Drako

Drako New Member

i had to dload the 1.1.1 firmware so i could downgrade - 10 minutes

then i had to downgrade and jailbreak that install oktoprep - 10 minutes

then i did the 1.1.2 jailbreak - 15 minutes

then i messed up trying to move my apps folder and had to restore - 35 minutes

then i redid all the steps - 35 more minutes

then i did the application thing right - 3 minutes

and then i did everything else

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

rofl i saw the 76 step jailbreak, id personally give up, that sh*t had much too much writting lol...

best part is,my friend paid me 25 dollars to jailbreak it since hes too f***in lazy lol...1.1.1 is easy as hell,1.1.2 takes a bit more time since you have to upgrade the ipod >=(
  8. hamburglar4563

hamburglar4563 New Member

well I came in after 1.1.2 came out so I had to downgrade. Then I types in jailbreakme.com, and then I installed 1.1.2 again. It took me 10 minutes
  9. SynnR

SynnR New Member

1 minute to jailbreak 1.1.1.
    15 minutes to jailbreak 1.1.2.
  10. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

i dont get how people have so many problems...there are guides lol,and even videos like ipodtouchhacker which are just clean and simple...