how long did 1.1.2 install take? mine's taking long

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by poombster, Nov 12, 2007.

1. poombster

poombster New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I downloaded the new firmware and now my ipod has the little circle "i'm busy" icon going. That icon is still moving and my screen switches from the wallpaper to the charging screen if i plug it in to usb or if i take it out. Is it normal that it takes this long to actually deal with the install or do i need to do something about this, like a restore?
  2. asado111

asado111 New Member

nope same happened to mine you will have to restore to 1.1.1 and then do it ALL over..
  3. tsinghua

tsinghua Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Be patient. If iTunes says it is updating the firmware, You can do nothing just wait.
  4. Azeke

Azeke New Member

It took approximately 10 min. for the total process.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke
  5. asado111

asado111 New Member

no guys.. the update nad everythin is done but his ipod is on the main screen where it shows it the slide to unlock and it gets frozen there meaning it WILL not work. u will have to restore.
  6. poombster

poombster New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yea I ended up having to restore. Don't know what happened but it happened again the second time I tried installing 1.1.1. Third time worked fine though so now i have 1.1.2 and it's running well save for customize at this point. Thanks.
  7. poombster

poombster New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yea I ended up having to restore. Don't know what happened but it happened again the second time I tried installing 1.1.1. Third time worked fine though so now i have 1.1.2 and it's running well save for customize at this point. Thanks.