How Jailbreaking my 2.0.0 has ruined my life...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by hfwplaya08, Sep 20, 2008.

1. hfwplaya08

hfwplaya08 New Member

I have had 7 days off of school because of Hurricane Ike. My jailbroken 1.1.4 itouch was my best friend during these hard times. I got bored so i decided to come visit one of my favorite site. ifans.com. OMG guess what? You can jailbreak the 2.0.0 firmware, and there is even this awesome tutorial. So, first i try quickpwn for 2.0.0, i did everything correctly and when the .exe got to restore.plist it said this program has failed. (im on vista) I right clicked at set properties to xp service pack 2 and i even ran it as the adminstrator. Still got the same error... I read some blogs and some people suggested getting the latest .fix or w/e its called. I downloaded the xp serivice pack 3 and it then said i needed to install some other porgram for the .fix to work (can't think of it on the top of my head) I tried that and then it said it can't work with my operating system. So after all this i moved on to winpwn. I did everything correctly again (including putting it in dfu correctly) and when i shift-restored i got error 1600 about 10 times. Someone told me i had to install itunes. 7.7 (i have itunes 8) and when i tried to do that it said i had to have administrative permission. I AM THE ADMINISTRATOR WTF!!!. Now i just have a regular itouch running on 2.0.0 and i miss my old one. Please Pease Help.

Please Register or Log in to view images

And on top of all this I am anxiously awaiting for season three of heroes. Things are not good...
  2. smirkis

smirkis New Member

3. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Why are you trying to install XP Service Pack 3 when you're on Windows Vista?
    That doesn't even make sense.

Also, your 1600 issue is normal with iTunes 8; you can't restore to a custom firmware anymore unless you're using a pwned device already.
    The solution to this is QuickPwn.
    Download the latest version here and use it after you've upgraded to 2.1; it's pretty straight forward and you won't even need to follow a guide.
    I notice that you mention 2.0 (or 2.0.0, as you refer to it), which is now an old version.
    Instead of upgrading to a firmware full of bugs, update to 2.1.
  4. ruffriders23

ruffriders23 New Member

Seriously, if you can update to 2.1, there is no real reason to jailbreak the Ipod as the app store will have all the apps you want anyway. I jailbroke my 2.1 and see no real point in it with the App Store.
  5. hfwplaya08

hfwplaya08 New Member

ok new problem. when i try to update to 2.1 on itunes. it take 15 minutes to download and right when it gets to the end it says "problem downloading, network timed out. Check your network connection and settings. My internet is doing just fine.... An
    yone know whats going on?
  6. smirkis

smirkis New Member

download the firmware somewhere else.

then open itunes and hold shift and click restore and manually select ur firmware file.

jailbreaking adds the customizability for themes n what not. i guess if u had an iphone it'd be more usable when jailbroken like video recorder, camera with zoom. and other cool stuff only jailbroken devices can use
  7. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    "Ruined my life" is a little extreme, given this extremely mild and easy-to-fix situation.
  8. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    That was happening to me so after a few times i clicked on the thing on the side of the download that says continue download or something like that and it finished
  9. hfwplaya08

hfwplaya08 New Member

Ok. Thanks for all the help guys. BUT IT STILL ISNT WORKING. I successfully upgraded to 2.1 and the quickpwn still doesnt work. A windows message pops up that says this program has stopped working. This is really getting frustrating. And yes ruined my life may be extreme but im getting fed up lol.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ok everything is fixed. Thankyou all so much. Now its time to sit in front of my countdown for heroes. Peace.
  10. poden

poden New Member