How is your iPad's battery life?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bahamutspirit, Aug 23, 2010.

?

How is your iPad's battery life?

1. 8 hours or more. Fantastic!

68.0%
  2. 6 to 8 hours. So so...

20.0%
  3. 4 to 6 hours. On par with my iPhone.

8.0%
  4. Less than 4. Totally pathetic!

4.0%
  1. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Well, we all know the iPad has a larger battery than the iPhone but... exactly how large? I've noticed quite a few people are skimping this when they talk about the iPad, and since most iPad owners would have had at least a month to play with their iPad now, I would like to get some figures and usage model, if you'd be so kind to share.

Please Register or Log in to view images

So, here's my usage model:

3G tethering through MyWi: all the time, except for when I'm at home where I turn off MyWi to connect my iPad to Wifi and enjoy faster network performance.

Games: Chess, Tetris, Plants vs Zombies, Fieldrunner, Mirror's Edge, and such... for about 5-10 minutes each at random time during the day.

Apps: Penultimate for note taking and quick concept sketch up, Sketchbook Pro to work on my artworks, BeejiveIM to keep in touch with my pals, iCabMobile to surf the web and download files, Pandora to listen to music, Maps to get some... maps and navigation instructions, iBooks to read books at night or to store technical documentations, MobileMail to receive and send emails, and Pages for writing extensive papers and reports. These are used very regularly for intervals up to 1 hour in length. iCabMobile is running all the time. Aside from those, I have junk music apps and calculator apps to do random stuffs on, but I don't use them that much or at all sometimes.

Jailbreaking: obviously MyWi and Rock, Cydia is also a given. Aside from that, iFile to organize files after I've downloaded them from iCabMobile, Backgrounder to enable multitasking for iCabMobile and Pandora (only those 2) and disable multitasking for MobileSafari, iPod (which I don't use anymore since I have Pandora), and Movies since I'm not the kind that would like to watch anything more than a short clip on Youtube while I'm on the go, I'd rather do it at the comfort of my home theater.

With that usage model, I have been consistently getting 8 to 10 hours of total battery life. Or a whole full day of use time. That's with MyWi always running and providing internet access for all of the other devices I carry.

So, what's your story?

Edit: Oh, and my brightness setting is set to 50% with Auto-Brightness ON, by the way.
  2. Xhiea

Xhiea Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Full brightness I get about 8-10 hours but mine isn't jailbrkoken - no backgrounding apps.

All in all I get a pretty good life out of this battery, certainly a lot better than my iPhone which is wearing a bit thin.
  3. Qwedgeonline

Qwedgeonline Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Mine is at 75% brightness with WiFi on all day and Bluetooth off. I feel I am only getting 6-8 hours actually. :/
  4. bstevenhaagen

bstevenhaagen Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    8-10 hours for sure. I don't have the iPad too bright, but Wi-fi is always on.
  5. bondr006

bondr006 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I use auto brightness with wifi on. I am now on my 3rd day of use since last charge and sitting at 71%. I use it 2 to 3 hours a day for music, reading news, surfing the net, and checking emails mostly....but occasionally do other stuff like read my mags on Zinio, edit pictures in PS Express and Color Splash, play games, and listen to the Ambient New Age station on Pandora all night with the screen off while I'm sleeping(which only eats 4 to 5% battery). I also have 8 pages full of apps.

BTW.....I started a "How is your iPad battery life?" poll back in June.
  6. Oliver Barker

Oliver Barker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If I just view web pages I can get ten hours but I'm a gamer