How Illegal

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by Videofolife13, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Videofolife13

Videofolife13 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    How illegal is this, seriously? Is this something that we should REALLY shy away from until the dev team hooks us up with a different jailbreak. I know this one was released without consent of other dev team members by one TrueNate, but is this a piece of software to use?
    Respectfully yours,
    -Video
  2. music4life

music4life Active Member

Well, it's not that you're going to get sued, fined, thrown in jail, etc. but firstly, I would be cautious, and secondly, this jailbreak is NOT THAT GOOD, I'm going to wait for the dev team. It's the ethical thing to do, whether or not you choose to wait is your choice. I'm not stopping you.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Best Regards,
    Jeremy
  3. MegaMan

MegaMan New Member

if someone could remind me what it's illegal again

i didn't quite understand the initial explanation

4. kyleshelton01

kyleshelton01 New Member

I am waiting also..... Ethical or whatever you want to call it this dude ripped of 6 other peoples work and released without them....... I will wait for the better release
  5. Loudmouth2332

Loudmouth2332 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    basically just using some of apple's files and patches from what i understand. Basically pirating apple's copywrited stuff.

And OP, no one is forcing you to JB...feel free to wait on it. Personally i'm chillin on it for a little bit just to let the bugs work themselves out or something better to come along.
  6. Videofolife13

Videofolife13 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I understand I'm not getting sued or hauled off to jail. I guess I'm really wondering why this is a "bad" Jailbreak, and why I should wait. I know it's somewhat disloyal to the dev team, they do great work.
  7. MegaMan

MegaMan New Member

well I'm just waiting because it doesn't sound to me like the jail brake is ideal and 100 percent
    i have a perfectly good working 1.1.1 ipod and i'd rather not screw it up

8. zerod07

zerod07 New Member

i got a brand new ipod today and that means 30 day guaranteed store warranty so i broke mine down to 1.1.1 and up to 1.1.2 and then 1.1.3 to try out some of the new features and try to help out the other guys that would like to get this version of the jailbreak up and running
  9. Bitter

Bitter New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I agree 100%. The fact that the touchdev team and elite team did NOT give permission for Nate True to release this should be a big warning sign right there. I will wait until a jailbreak is released from the team as a whole.

Bitter.