how i jailbreaked my 2.0.2 (might help those who have had problems)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by avarice, Aug 30, 2008.

1. avarice

avarice New Member

Aug 29, 2008
    ok here's the story.. 2 days back i tried to upgrade to 2.0.2 from 1.1.4(original firmware)..for some reason i could not .. i was only able to keep reinstalling 1.1.4. then i read somewhere that after you get a error the first time round from installing, quickly restart itunes and restore again...that worked and i got 2.0.2

then i tried to pwn my 2.0.2 but for some reason my dfu was partial, i could never get the white screen and it always hanged. Thanks to itouchnathan i triend using quickpwn and that didnt work but i kept pressing OK to get into the command window after following the instructions the first time(followed everything the first time with quickpwn).. and suddenly the white screen appeared. however still couldnt get it jailbroken..

i then when to itunes out of desparation and this time did a restore with a custom 2.0.2 that had been winpwned and amazingly i just jailbroke my itouch(note : before this regardless of what i did the custom firmware could not work as well)..

so basically : if ur like me and everything doesnt work...

1) use quickpwn follow the instructions the first time round..the cmd window should just close(if ur like me with a dfu thats b*tchy).. then keep pressing the ok over and over again closing the command window each time it stops until u get the white screen.

2) go to itunes and restore with a custom 2.0.2 that you can create with winpwn.
  2. itouchnathan

itouchnathan New Member

Aug 11, 2008