How I got ROMs to show up in 1.1.4

Discussion in 'iOS Emulators' started by KStarfire, Mar 12, 2008.

1. KStarfire

KStarfire New Member

On a 1.1.4 iPod, when you first start snes4iphone you're told that if you're using a 1.1.3 'pod or 'phone to upload roms into var/Mobile/Media/ROMs/SNES or something. Many I'm sure have assumed that this goes for the 1.1.4 iPod too, since that folder already exists when you install snes4iphone. THIS DOES NOT WORK. It'll still give you the "no roms found" message.

However, using SSH to create the var/root/Media/ROMs/SNES folder and moving all my roms there DID work. This folder doesn't exist on a 1.1.4 iPod but after creating it, snes4iphone works just fine. I'm gonna go play mariokart.
  2. Puredudes

Puredudes New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    basicly all you have to do is ssh into ut ipod look in the roms folder and make it i think it is 755 but i use i finder app and i can ssh into the ipod while on the ipod and tell it to show up. hopefully this helps u out
  3. KStarfire

KStarfire New Member

I'm not modifyng any permissions (nor am I asking for anyone's help); I'm relaying how I got the ROMs to show up in 1.1.4.
  4. Puredudes

Puredudes New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok but i did excatly wat u said and nothing still showed up for me though.
  5. Nokturnal

Nokturnal New Member

Kstarfire,
    Thanks pal. Worked like a charm. The only thing I would add is to make sure you remember that the ROMs/SNES is case sensitive, and you need to spell it just like this... ROMs/SNES