How I got Apple to Give me a Gen 2 itouch

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by iStartTheMachine, Jun 1, 2008.

1. iStartTheMachine

iStartTheMachine New Member

So the day was thursday and i realized, "damn my ipod has a lot of scratches on it. I wonder If I can get a brand new one from apple?" so i took it upon myself after school to drive about 30 mins away to the Danbury mall in CT to go to the apple store.

So I get there and I make an appointment for the Genius bar for 5PM. They get to me so I say to this "genius" "Hey man my ipod has been going out on me lately. th battery wont hold a charge(false) and my screen flickers sometimes (true because I Jailbroke it and it messed with something in there.). I was wondering if you knew anything about this?" So the guy looks at t and i tell him it usually happens while im surfing the internet on it. so he checks it out, sure enough the screen blinks. he says to the guy next to him " Oh! it just flickered, give him a new one." so the guy orders me a new one and tells me it will be here in 3 to 5 days cause they don't have any in stock. so he gives me my old one and i go home.

the next day (Friday) after school i go home and get a call, "hey Mr. (I'm not telling you guys my last name) your iopod is in if you want to come pick it up. so i go there and we do a switcheroo and i go home wih a brand new 2nd gen ipod with the $20 software upgrade for FREE!!! i was as giddy as a school girl. after i got home ui jailbroke it and now i'm playng all my games on it again.

so if you want to do this just restore your ipod to factory settings and bring it to the apple store, and as long as its in your warrenty you will probly get a new noe.
  2. x6blues

x6blues New Member

How do you know it's second generation?
  3. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Second generation? I dont think so. You mean it has the January App Pack.....not 2nd Gen.
  4. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    There's no 2nd gen iPod Touch yet.....

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. iStartTheMachine

sorry bout that i just thought it was cause evferytime i go into the walmart by me there is a 2nd gen ipod touch advertisment in the ipod section, and the one they gave me looks different then my older one
  6. cryptsucks

cryptsucks Banned

wow noob.
    1. there is a lot of type o's up there ^
    2. its not second gen
    3. everyone knows this!
  7. x6blues

x6blues New Member

It is most likely refurbished. All the current iPods have the app pack pre-installed.

Anyways congrats on the new iPod

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. iStartTheMachine

haha whatever dude i didnt feel like correcting my tye o's up there, but no it wasn't refurbished it was brand spanking new, i was just happy cause my first ipod touch was beat to sh*t and now i got a brand new one that is crystal clean
  9. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    o ok, i think ill do it in a couple of months, just for the heck of it, lol well congrats on ur new ipod touch
  10. iStartTheMachine

haha thanks man i just figured i'd try my luck and it worked