How I Finally Stopped The Package Download Failed!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by PaulB008, Apr 25, 2008.

1. PaulB008

PaulB008 New Member

Hey guys, im running an Ipod Touch 1.1.4 and for some reason, I continued getting this error. I used the BossTool, it did not help. I just kept getting the error. My installer worked perfectly fine until a few days ago, and this BS started happening. I searched everywhere, and the threads and suggestions were less than useful.

I want to share with you a method that has worked for me and has been tested a few times. If you continue getting this error, Click add to queue and then try and install it again. If it fails, remove it from queue and then re-add it, and then try and install. After a few times of doing this it finally worked. I dont know why this is necessary, but it was for me. Hope this helps someone else who has tried EVERYTHING and cant install apps on their touch.

Also if you've filled your touch completely I've found that it will not let you uninstall apps on the touch and will say package download failed, so if you are trying to get BossTool to fix that problem, its not too late. I made this mistake, so you'd just have to SSH and delete apps manually. Hope this helps someone.
    1 person likes this.
  2. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Heh, nice find. +1 rep to you for sharing it.
  3. Abdominal

Abdominal New Member

Yea it does this to me all the time, I figured i'd just downgrade back to 1.1.3
  4. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
  5. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Nice I guess patience does work sometimes

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. xxjustinxx

xxjustinxx New Member

If your deleting files using mobile finder the files are just sent to the trash folder which is easiest accessible by tapping the little apple button on the top right in mobile finder and manually deleting the files... hope i helped
  7. JBB

JBB New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I think "clear que" is faster.