How hard is the ZAGG InvisibleShield to apply?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Sleepy_Sentry, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Sleepy_Sentry

Sleepy_Sentry New Member

I would like a non-intrusive way to protect my new iPod Touch and the InvisibleShield looks like a great way to do it. However, I'm concerned about messing it up when I put it on and the ability to take it off. Can an owner of the shield tell me how hard it is to put on, and if you mess up the first time, is it easy to take off?
  2. Jesse_Y

Jesse_Y New Member

Took me around forty minutes front and back then a few days I realized I had forgot about the home button and that took around 5 mins. I think the difficulty depends on how picky you are. I am a perfectionist so I made sure everything was spot on perfect. Don't worry about making mistakes because it's really easy to remove and reapply. All you must do is spray the stuff they give you when you reapply.
  3. rafarquhar

rafarquhar New Member

A tip - the Zagg IS is identical to Bodyguardz and also BSE. Use Google if you want to look up either of them.

For any of the three, there's a few things you can do to help your install. I installed my skin in a steamy bathroom, to insure that no dust was present. It depends how crazy you are.

The only differences between Zagg and the competition:
    1. Zagg provides liquids - the others require you to make your own, but it takes about 5 seconds.
    2. Zagg has rather heavy-handed marketing tactics that I strongly disagree with.
  4. catheris

catheris New Member

I bought the invisibleSheild back when the ipod nano first gen came out and it was really easy to apply, but hard to get perfect.

I also just applied it to my cellphone (Samsung UGH600) today and I pretty much had similar results as for my nano. I really like how the company has evolved recently since all the contents are packaged in an attractive box and include the spray (just soap water) and squeeze (must better then cardboard ones you usually get).

I bought one for the front of my touch already.
  5. ZEvangelist

ZEvangelist New Member

ZAGG uses a patented film that is EXCLUSIVE to ZAGG. This means that nobody can use the same film that ZAGG uses because of a binding contract. ZAGG's film is also the only film that features Nano-Memory Technology which allows the film the "heal" itself after it takes abuse. ZAGG was also the first company to offer full body protection for electronic devices through a clear film rather than a bulky case. The Lifetime Replacement Guarantee was also conceived by ZAGG because customers appreciate quality products backed by the companies that make them.

Most of our marketing has been done via word of mouth advertising from our satisfied customers. It is really hard to advertise invisible protection, but our customers have done a great job of doing just that.
  6. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Or they bought one because people like you are advertising like ad bots. xD. But hey, you convinced me to buy one with the 30% off thing.
  7. DSync

DSync New Member

Will yellow thing still appear after a duration of uses for the latest product? I've heard people commenting about such issue.
  8. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

I always laugh at you, zagg representative.

While I agree the Zagg has some definite pluses, it is not extremely farther than the rest.

BSE, IS and BodyG all heal after a while. Zagg has extra grip but bodyguardz is much clearer. BSE is cheaper.

Everything has its ups and downs