How fast the iPod evolves

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Tariomaster, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Tariomaster

Tariomaster Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I just want to ask everybody what there take is on how fast the iPod Evolves.

In less than ten years, Apple created the iPod, from a Black and White Music Only Mp3 player, to a Screenless Mp3 player, to one of the smallest Video Players, Color Screens, and Touch Screens Larger than double the original iPod screen size!

Pretty Amazing, huh? All while making Mac OS X!!!!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

That Just Amazes me.

So again, I just want to ask everybody what there take is on how fast the iPod Evolves.
  2. Youknowwho1890

Youknowwho1890 New Member

ill bet steve jobs got that allspark from transformers and gave the original ipod a blast of its radiation. blam! ipod touch

but seriously, its amazing
  3. 4dthinker

4dthinker New Member

It doesn't surprise me that they come out with new models so often. I have a product design degree and you are taught to be innovative and original, creative and productive among other things. They pretty much have to introduce new models to keep the money coming in. You can't stand still in the consumer electronics industry or you'll be swallowed up. I don't think we've seen the final form of the iPhone or the Touch despite that the concept (multi-touch input all screen) idea is a keeper. The Touch is a natural candidate for an integrated camera. That will take a new design. There's a rumor out now that a new iPhone will actually be getting a second camera, facing the user, that can be used for video chat when 3g arrives. I can't wait!

4. JBB

JBB New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Allspark
    ok....

I suppose it does evolve really fast.
  5. thomasw4138

thomasw4138 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    But they are still very creative.
    While other companies are thinking of creating super small pmp.
    They came up with a HARD DRIVE pmp that pwns all.
  6. kixphlat

kixphlat Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I mean seriously, when you're on the verge on saying "THIS IS THE COOLEST THING ON EARTH! NOTHING CAN BEAT IT!" suddenly a new product appears then you'll be like "now THIS is the coolest thing on earth" and not even pay attention to the old product.
    That's what happened with my iPod photo =] (but I still cherish it like a baby)
  7. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I bought the iPod video 80 gb. Now for the same price I get 16 gb, but smaller, with Internet and mail and stuff, and the ability to really mod it. What one day sells for $299 can sell the next day for $80. I know it all too well.

8. Tariomaster

Tariomaster Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    that shows the upside and downside to everything. After the iPhone Release, I buy a iPod video for $225 through my parents devolper connection. By the Next year, the price is HALVED! that means it lost value by 33ยข A DAY!
  9. neowiz12

neowiz12 New Member

well i think how far they have come is amazing i have a 2gen of the first ipod , the one with four bottons on the top, and that thing is like a brick now!! but the battery life on it sucks! and i have an ipod touch and a nano and i got the nano a year a go and compared to the touch it is nothing. but its cool to imagine what they will have in like four years... virtual holagram??
  10. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I picked up a 1st gen ipod nano today and started playing some games, then I tried turning it off. It took me 10 seconds to realize that the button on top was not the power button. Whoops.