How exactly do you....

Discussion in 'Customization Requests' started by MarishaMaromi, Jan 19, 2009.

1. MarishaMaromi

MarishaMaromi New Member

Now before you yell at me I DID search to see if this has been asked before, and it has, but the answers weren't as detailed as I need. when the 2G JB comes out I plan on JBing my ipod because I want themes so my question is; How do I get them? Do I just download them from somewhere? I've been hearing a lot about "ssh", what is that? Any info would be much appreciated

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. DarthVader1432

DarthVader1432 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    ok. once you jailbreak you get an app called Cydia. Cydia is packed with all sorts of themes and things to customize your ipod. First you download winterboard from cydia then you download themes. you change your themes from winterboard. Cydia has all the good and popular themes usually.

SSH is when you manually open up the ipod's files from your computer. I wont go into great depth on this becuase its kinda hard to explain there are a great many tutorials. I actually learned on youtube how to do it.

Usually you wont have to SSH
    unless you want
    -your own costumized themes that you created(changed icons and dock, ect.)
    -complicated themes such as making your ipod look like a vista or alienware computer(I still can not do this perfectly)
    -getting themes that are not available on cydia(these are usually themes made by people who aren't large theme makers)

To start out I would advise you to get the hang of cydia and after a while of testing the themes there, then try to SSH.

More themes are usally added to cydia each day
  3. MarishaMaromi

MarishaMaromi New Member

Thank you very much

Please Register or Log in to view images

. So when you get themes from Cydia do they have the icons that match the themes?
  4. cripesonfriday

cripesonfriday New Member

It depends on the theme and how long they spent adding icons.There are 15,000 or so apps at this stage so you obviously won't get everything.
    A really good, well developed app could have 100 or so of the popular icons, plus you can use icons from other apps/icons you have downloaded and ssh them in yourself.