How easy is it to jailbreak and unlock this?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ph1l0z0ph3r, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Ph1l0z0ph3r

Ph1l0z0ph3r New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    My brother is thinking about getting his girlfriend an iPhone 4 and is gonna buy it off contract to use with T-Mobile. I jailbroke my 3g Ipod Touch and is the process similar/easier? Once jailbroken how difficult is it to unlock for use with T-Mobile.
  2. Spam

Spam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    it's as easy as a swipe of a finger, literally
  3. Ph1l0z0ph3r

Ph1l0z0ph3r New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    What about unlocking to use with the T-Mobile network? And if i understand correctly T-Mobiles HSPAs/3g wont work with the iPhone 4?
  4. kevind123

kevind123 Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Well, first he would have to activate it somehow, then navigate to jailbreakme.com from the iPhone's browser and swipe to jailbreak. After that, he will need to get hypersn0w from Cyida, then cut his girlfriends T-Mobile sim card down to a micro sim (check youtube) and put it in the phone. Now, keep in mind, he would be spending hundreds of dollars for an iPhone 4 that will only work with T-Mobile EDGE GPRS/ 2G network, not 3G. It would probably be better to wait and see if they are going to release the next iPhone on T-Mobile or see which international iPhone carrier supports T-Mobiles network spectrum and import one, so it can use 3G.
  5. mangels09

mangels09 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It will probably be on 4.0.2 so it will be impossible to jailbreak at least for now.
  6. Spam

Spam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well Apple is still signing 4.0.1 SHSH (mb till this weekend)
  7. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    A part of me wants to get an iPhone while Apple is still signing 4.0.1 SHSH; the other part wants to wait 'til iPhone is released on a different carrier.
    If I do end up doing the second one, I just hope there will be a jailbreak for later firmwares.
    To get back on topic: They are all simple processes. You won't be able to use 3G but everything else will work.