How does Backgrounder work?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by wakawakamush, Oct 30, 2010.

1. wakawakamush

wakawakamush Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    hi,

I installed backgrounder and multifl0w today because i didn't like ios 4 multitasking anymore, but i don't understand how it works.

I set backgrounder control to volume down short hold and multifl0w to volume up short hold. But when try to hold the volume button down in icy i get a message "Backgrounding disabled" and then it closes the app. But in other apps i get at that moment "Backgrounding enabled" and then it goes to springboard.

Is icy wrong, is backgrounder messing it up or do i do something wrong?

EDIT: Cydia doesn't do anything special, it just turns the volume up and down
  2. Imariel

Imariel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    When it says Backgrounding enabled, it means the app has been put in Multifl0w's tray, if you open Multifl0w from the springboard it should show the app. If it says disabled, it means it's been removed from the tray.

Cydia now disables all MobileSubstrate extensions upon loading to prevent updating an extension that's currently in use, so 3rd party multitasking is no longer compatible with it.
  3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Cydia and Icy have bsckgrounder disabled for the issue thst you wish to uninstall backgrounder?