How do you uninstall Limera1n?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Valcore, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Valcore

Valcore New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Gotta uninstall limera1n BETA 2 so i can get the new updated one, how can i do this?
  2. Chamilism

Chamilism New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Well if your already jailbroken, and nothing is wrong, why not just keep it like normal?

If not you can always go to the limerain app and press uninstall and do the jailbreak again. Or you can restore and redo the jailbreak
  3. Valcore

Valcore New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks! I just don't feel comfortable feeling outdated with the old version of the jailbreak especially if the new version is like 2-3 versions higher
  4. i.think.different

i.think.different Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    DOn't restore! You can manually uninstall it and run limera1n again or just run the new version over the old if you really feel the need.
  5. Valcore

Valcore New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hey! how could i manually delete the jailbreak including winterboard and everything?! thanks!
  6. JakeMan

JakeMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The only way to delete a jailbreak is to restore. You can remove jailbreak features such as WinterBoard through Cydia. Just remove the package. To get rid of limera1n, SSH into / and there's a shortcut to Applications. Delete blackra1n, and lime will be gone.
  7. Valcore

Valcore New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks guys! Doing a full restore right now.
  8. Raiderz8418

Raiderz8418 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    the betas get higher to prevent bugs WHILE JAILBREAKING, so if you already jailbroke there is absolutely no point of doing it again. Just delete the app like stated before or hide it just incase you ever need o install cydia again.
  9. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

If you jailbroke just fine, then you'll be wasting your time by undoing it and restoring. The tool itself was updated, not the exploit.
  10. harryk

harryk New Member

trying to uninstall limera1n from iPod touch 4th gen

Hey guys;
    here's the deal, my son installed the limera1n, and it all seemed to work fine, but then we discovered that we are missing a file or app. called Installer, and we thought the best way to do it is to uninstall the limera1n, and then reinstall. However, we ran it through my Mac and it wanted to upgrade the iPod's software, and we let it do that - then at the end of it, it said, Apple can not complete the upgrade due an error # 2001. And that is that. I managed to reinstall limera1n, so at least we got it working, but now it seems that we can not upgrade the apple software……please help! (he just got it for Xmas, poor guy)