How do you set up mobilecast

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Krazysurfer4, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Krazysurfer4

Krazysurfer4 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I installed mobile cast and i want to add my youtube subscribtions, but i dont know how

and is there away to delete the subscriptions i added trying to find out how to use this program?
  2. downtrodn

downtrodn New Member

im clueless on this app. as well..... how do you add casts to this? like punkradiocast
  3. CharliWag

CharliWag New Member

There is Kind of...

Hey,
    I just tried this on my ipod touch and well this is what i found.
    You CAN subscribe to youtube because of there new API that allows rss.
    There is more info on that here:
    http://www.youtube.com/rssls

You can only however subscribe to tags and user and of course most viewed videos daily etc.
    You can't subscribe to your subscriptions (I believe).
    The thing is is that mobilecast essential just retrieves and downloads the file given by the link. Which is FLV (I think, not positive). So, when I did this on my iPoT it was a very bad file and didn't play.
    For now there is no why of changing this unless your subscribed to a specialized converted video feed(but who am i kidding).

The only way i can think of maybe getting this working is if you downloaded the mobile rss app and then used the youtube feed to bring you to youtube.com to watch the newest movies. This didn't work for me though.

As for deleting subscriptions in mobile cast i don't know how. I would just reinstall.

Cheers,
    Charli

Please Register or Log in to view images

P.S THE EASIEST WAY TO DO WHAT YOU WANT WOULD JUST BE GOING TO YOUTUBE.COM AND CHECKING YOUR SUBCRIPTIONS.

PM Me if you have any questions.
  4. sciamannikoo

sciamannikoo New Member

That is partially true.
    you can create your custom playlist and set as public. On that way, you have a publis RSS Feed you can use with an aggregator.
    The problem is that MobileCast doesn't accept these feeds.

To get the URL for your public playlist:

http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/{Projection}/playlists/{ID}

Projection values

The YouTube Data API offers different views or projections on the data with varying levels of detail to fit different use cases. For example, the api projection is what you as a developer will most likely use, while the base projection is good for feed readers.
    The following table describes the supported projection values:

api Feed including all relevant yt and media extension elements. All properties contain plain text, not HTML.
    base Basic Atom feed without any extension elements. Its <atom:summary> and <atom:content> properties contain entity-encoded HTML.

To get the ID, you have many ways, but the best way it to find it on the URL or embedded code. Note that even though public playlists are created by users, their IDs are global.

More details, here.