How do you put files on to Ipod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by man5, Dec 28, 2007.

1. man5

man5 New Member

I want to put like files and videos on to Touch. But the thing is, it has to be in right format. I get it. But i am talking about transfering files from computers. It seems all the previous ipods have the ability to save files on to but not the touch. So is there a way? It would be great seeing how i could save files from college computers and bring them home on my touch. But from the looks of it, i don't think it's possible. Is it?
  2. Codizzle69

Codizzle69 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  3. man5

man5 New Member

I know that method. Except i use WinSCP. But even then i don't see the point. I can't install WinSCP on each computer, each that i want to get the files from. That's way to much. I was looking for more straight forward answer. Like anyway to do it through itunes as it's connected?
  4. Codizzle69

Codizzle69 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    copy the files to a portable flash drive or cd
  5. man5

man5 New Member

That's what i do for now. Though i only got 1G flash drive which is not that much at all. But one of the reason i bought the Ipod touch was to transfer files. Ofcourse that's not the main reason or else i could've gone with 80g video ipod.

Please Register or Log in to view images

But all in all, is there any other way to put files on to Touch?
  6. Alexpb

Alexpb New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well if you can download iPhoneBrowser at both places you need to transfer files from then you should be able to.

Download iPhoneBrowser on your college computer (if you can?) than connect your ipod touch to the computer, run the iPhoneBrowser and drag and drop the files from the college computer onto the iPhoneBrowser (you can put it in any folder of your choice) then when you get home run iPhoneBrowser from there and copy the file back from the Touch onto your computer hard drive.

You can even do this with a stock iPod Touch, meaning one that is not jailbroken.