How do you only sync Podcast?

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by KorS, Oct 26, 2009.

1. KorS

KorS New Member

Hi all,

I recently formatted my computer thus, all my data were gone. So I somehow recovered the stuff from my iPod Touch to PC but they are all randomly named. So I'm going to do that later, therefore I don't want any music, video or picture files to be synced. But, the only feature that I want to update is the podcast. I've subscribed to roughly 7 podcast, and want to put the updated (recent) podcast on my iPod Touch.

Is there a way to put the recent podcast to my iPod Touch without syncing music, videos etc.?

I'm pretty sure before (ages ago when this happened), I tried syncing the podcast through clicking syncing in podcast tab under my ipod option but it just synced everything.

Thanks in advance!

BTW I have the latest version of iTune and my iPod Touch is 1st gen 16gb 2.2.1 version
  2. tktab911

tktab911 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello KorS,
    This can be fixed very easily however it'd help if i knew what exactly you have IN your itunes but that'll just add a step or two, so no biggy...

1. Connect Device
    2. Select Device (within iTunes)
    3. Click the "Applications" tab
    4. Uncheck any apps
    5. Click the "Music" tab
    6. Makesure its set to NOT sync music
    7. Same with "Movies" and "TV Shows"
    8. Now "Podcasts" tab
    9. If you want ALL of them, makesure the box/dot is checked/marked
    10. If you only want the most recent, makesure that option is checked.
    I could give more persice directions however im unaware of what current version of iTunes you have.