How Do You Manage Your Memory?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Timothy Ratner, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Timothy Ratner

Timothy Ratner New Member

Hi guys,

I know the iPod Touch has only 8gb and 16gb versions, how do you manage to get all the stuff you want, and a reasonable amount of GBs left? I don't have one yet but I think I know how I will manage.

I will get probably 15 apps, including all the iPhone apps, perhaps 3 or 4 videos, and maybe only 2 albums of music including a few that stand alone. I will try not to go crazy on downloading games.
  2. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    well i had only about 40 MB free at first, until i realized i had a bunch of duplicate songs. once i got rid of those, i have about 380 MB free most of the time (i own the 8 GB version) i have like 6.25 GB of music, 4 pages of apps, every iPhysics levepack there is etc etc
  3. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I put all of my favorite albums on first, than albums that aren't favorites, but I would want.

Than I went through and fit as many videos on as I could, leaving 300 mb for apps.

Now, I just add or remove apps as I please, staying under the 300 mb limit.
  4. ben471

ben471 New Member

If you do that you probably will have a TON of free space. I've got 4 pages of apps, including all the emulators and roms to go with them and it's less that 400 mb I believe.
  5. Timothy Ratner

Oh, and maybe one photo album with 15 or 20 photos.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Woah, that's gonna put you over the top

You'll be able to fit a fair amount of stuff onto the iPod, as long as you do it intelligently (i.e. not ripping videos at DVD quality).
  7. kapop

kapop New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i have 3 full pages of apps 10 gpsphone games 900 nes roms 1 psx rom al lthe iphysics things 160 songs 2000 photos and 200 videos and still have 3.5gb left i think you will manage (and thats with a 8gb ipot
  8. Timothy Ratner

We will have to see what happens on Christmas day!

I think I should be able to manage. I'm not the type of guy who has alot of music, I might only have a few photos of some brickfilms, and the apps might not be a problem. I might only have two pages of apps- maybe three.
  9. Dbajj

Dbajj New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well in the beginning I had about 2 gigs of music, took it down to 1 and 2/3 of a gig by taking out all my instrumentals and various other background type music.

Then I converted some videos and added them on, they were too big so I compressed them down to like 700mb per. That way I can store 2 movies.

Then I added about 50 mb's of pictures. At that point I had about 4 and a half gigs left.

Just added a few apps and a bunch of GBA roms as well as compressed and ripped PSX roms. In total they all take up about 500 or so megs and I still have about 4 gigs of space left.
  10. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah you end up thoroughly going through your itunes music to get as much space as possible. Though games for the iPod touch/iPhone do not take up much space. Only ROMS take up a lot of space.