How do you jailbreak ipod touch 2g 3.0?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cmillermo, Jun 8, 2009.

1. cmillermo

cmillermo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Now that the final 3.0 was seeded to devs. I was wondering if anybody has tested jailbreaking on the 3.0 GM? Just so that I know what to do once it comes out.
  2. moabal

moabal New Member

I have iPod Touch 2g 3.0. I want to know this.
  3. Olehk8

Olehk8 New Member

This is why I don't want to upgrade, BTW, what makes it so different from 2.2.1?
  4. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Oh, btw, if your not a developer, there is a risk of getting locked on 3.0 GM.
  5. moabal

moabal New Member

Landscape everything, search thingy, copy/cut paste, ui improvements (i have noticed). Its just tits to always be updated

Please Register or Log in to view images

. The problem is however you have to get iTunes 8.2 to get 3.0. So I have no idea what Dev Team is going to do

EDIT: No there is not..you never have to check if your a developer like beta. It is just you put on. It is the final release thats all.

EDIT: I do see the warning. But it does not check if you are a developer. So I see it as it may lock you out of old firmwares. But the thing is, if I were a developer they would not lock me out from future versions. That would not make sense for real developers right? It might lock you out of old but its suppose to prepare for new?
  6. JoshH100

JoshH100 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Can't yet, the 3.0 iPhone OS is new you will have to wait untill they figure out how to jailbreak the new firmware.
  7. moabal

moabal New Member

But isn't iPod Touch 2g a hardware exploit? The firmware itself is jailbreakable through all the other devices. I do not understand.
  8. madcowz

madcowz New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    OK. People can jailbreak the 3.0. Now that the final GM is released, by the time the public has it then iPhone-Dev or Chronic-Dev will be ready with our jailbreak and all the proper patches! Yaay. The only problem is the new iTunes 8.2 which needs to be fixed first.

All is good. And you say that iTunes will not check if you are a registered dev? Really?
  9. moabal

moabal New Member

No it doesn't. Everything is fine. You cannot go back to previous versions. However, when new releases come you can. But I'm sure DFU is tits enough.
  10. Kayzo

Kayzo Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    lolwut?