how do you fix an ipod that got wet

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by graciegirl65, Mar 20, 2009.

1. graciegirl65

graciegirl65 New Member

i have a 2nd generation ipod touch 8G and i accdently dropped it in the sink (lets refrain from blonde jokes here, please) just for a couple seconds. it was in its case and i didnt try to turn it on for sevral days, when i did the touchscreen refused to work. everything appears to be running properly, but i don't really know, as i cannot get past the unlock screen. i am able to plug it in, charge it, and sync it, and i have tried multipile factory resets. i know apple won't give me a new one and i see taking it to a fix-it person as a last resort, so i would prefer a "home remedy". i dont want to break it further and i dont really know what to do at this point, so if this has happened to anyone or you have any helpful advice it would be greatly apprecieated. thank you in advance.
  2. rcfreak339

rcfreak339 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    First- DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TURN ON THE IPOD doing so may circut out the motherboard
    Second- Put it in a bowl of Dry Rice for a couple days to dry out
    Third-Check and see if the white paper in the headphone jack is pink, if it's pink and the iPod won't work your screwed if it's white and doesn't work Apple might take it back.....
  3. ipodgamerr

ipodgamerr New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I bought a ipod touch 3g a couple of months ago, not at apple though. I was washing dishes and my hands were wet while I was using the itouch and not the touch screen isnt working. What should I do? Ive left it in a bowl of rice for 24h and it wont connect to itunes since I have a passcode.
  4. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Really? Your bumping a old thread?

Then you enter the passcode before you plug it in.