How do you delete basic applications?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by kams.13, Sep 9, 2008.

1. kams.13

kams.13 New Member

iPod comes installed with those basic apps that i'm betting alot of us don't use. My iPod is not jailbroken (and i have no intention of jailbreaking it and voiding my warrenty) but i'd prefer not to have some of the applications (like, for example, what use is "stocks" to me... none at all, ditto goes with the clock and maybe even the youtube one - if i have safari why do i need a direct link to youtube?)

You get my point. so my question is, does anyone know how to uninstall those basic apps that come with the ipod?

thanks,
    k.
  2. EMForce

EMForce New Member

you have to jialbreak it to remove those apps, and you only void your warranty if you to dum to press the restore button on itunes if something goes wrong, so go jailbreak your ipod
  3. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Agreed, you'd need to jailbreak in order to remove applications.
  4. brisingr

brisingr New Member

and it doesn't free up space on the media partition, so why bother?
  5. flashisflamable

flashisflamable New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you cant use youtube in safari either
  6. kams.13

kams.13 New Member

Wow, are you ever rude! I'm not too dumb, I'd just rather not risk it!! I dont want to install any 3rd party apps, and as was previously posted - it doesn't free up space, so WTF would i do it? All I wanted to do was remove the icon, it's not life or death buddy. so calm the hell down and maybe don't insult people. How can you have so much negative attitude?! All I did was ask a question - you could have simply replied with something like "You can't remove those apps unless you jailbreak"

As I stated, I have no intention of jailbreaking my iPod, and some noob who thinks the best way to convince me to jailbreak is to insult me is DEFFINATELY not going to sway my opinion!
    ------------------double post merged------------------

Hm, I guess I never tried, I usually use my laptop for that kind of stuff anyways. Oh well.